Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Luke 2

For family night last night, we went on our annual trip to see the Mesa Temple lights. I have pictures to post, but will have to wait until I can get them off of Brad's phone. As we were touring the visitor's center, a sweet senior sister missionary asked us if we would like to watch the video of Luke 2. She ushered us into one of the theater rooms there and we were given our own private showing. As she was starting up the projector, she said she never feels like it is Christmas until she has seen Luke 2. I would have to agree with her. Cole is not a fan of the dark, so Brad had to take him out to keep him from screaming. I sat there in the dark with the three other kids and watched this simple video. Brinlee ran commentary the whole time. "Mom, that's Mary on the donkey." "Mom, they are going to the stable with the animals because there is no room in the inn." Drew noticed that there were flies in the stable and later asked me if I thought they bothered Mary and Joseph. At one point I looked down the row and noticed a single tear in Sadie's eye. I don't know that I have ever felt the air so thick with the spirit than I did in that room with my children. This is what Christmas is about. The Savior of the world was born in a lowly stable and laid in a manager. He was born for us and He died for us that we can live again- as a forever family. "Let earth recieve her King."





2 comments:

Ashley said...

Such a cute and touching story! You wonder sometimes if you are doing enough to teach your children about the gospel. I hope that spirit stays with her always!

Deborah Thue said...

Wow! I can't even describe what
it means to see how you are
teaching your children what
is most important in this life.
The knowledge you are helping
them to gain will help them
feel strong and secure as they
grow to be adults. Thank you .
Merry Christmas!
love,
nana 2e/mom xo