Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Carols

Brinlee is a huge fan of Christmas music.  Anytime we are in the car she asks me to turn the radio on to the Christmas station.  I think she is going to be very disappointed after Christmas when that station is gone.  Anyway, she loves to sing along to the songs and sometimes her interpretation of the lyrics puts a smile on my face.  I thought I would share a couple.  Tonight we were driving around looking at Christmas lights and the song, "Do You Hear What I Hear" came on the radio.  I then heard Brinlee from the back of the van in a high pitched voice singing, " Do You Hear What I Say."  Funny, I ask that question of my kids daily.  A couple of days ago we were waiting for the kids to get out of school and Jingle Bells came on.  Drew loves to sing the jingle bells batman smells version of the song so I wasn't too surprised to hear Brinlee sing, "Jingles bells, Cole smells, someone should change his diaper."  I love the use of the word "someone" meaning mom.  While making dinner today I had the Mo-Tab Christmas cd on.  Silent Night was playing in the background as I cooked and Brinlee started singing, "Silent Night, Holy Night, All is Calm, All is Sprite." That sparked her memory somehow and she then asked me if she could have sprite with her dinner.  Christmas music is the best- especially the Brinlee version of the songs.

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

i love the Brinlee version too!
xo mom/nana 2e