Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012








We had a great Christmas here at the Phillip's house.  Thanks to visitors, our Christmas lasted a solid week.  My parents arrived from Utah on Christmas Eve and stayed until the 28th.  Brad's brother and his family arrived the 28th and left on New Year's Eve.  It was so nice not to travel this year and still have family to visit with. We had our Christmas Eve program complete with the nativity and birthday cake for Jesus and then it was off to bed.  The kids were thrilled with their loot.  Santa brought Drew a ninja turtle van, Brinlee a Cinderella bike, Sadie an American girl doll carrier and scooter, and Cole a pirate ship.  They were spoiled by various aunts and uncles and grandparents as well.  It was fun to just hang out and watch everybody play with their haul all day.  We got in some fun outings with Nana and Grandpa- the most exciting of which was a trip to the bowling alley. My mom and I were able to sneak out one night to see Les Miserables as well.  We continued the fun with a trip to the train park and batting cages with Matt and Sierra and cousin Beckett.  Another movie night out for me- what???  Sierra and I went to see the final Twilight movie and had a fun time.  The kids were so used to Brad being home that it was a major bummer when he had to go back to work on Jan. 2nd.  Not too bummed though since he took off Jan. 3rd to take Sadie to the orthodontist to have her braces put on.  Today we are all back to our routine and I have to say I am happy about it.  A much quieter and cleaner house- but I do miss the kids and am excited to go pick them up from school in a bit.  Cole got 6 teeth for Christmas- booooo- but is finally sleeping through the night again- yay!!!!  We are making goals for family night tonight and I have quite a few for 2013.  Here are some pics from Christmas 2012.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like a great Christmas!! That's a bummer Cole got 6 teeth...no fun at all. Glad he has them all and is now doing better! That looks like a great bike that Sadie got!

Deborah Thue said...

LOVE the pics! (do you think I could get them?)
What a fun holiday we had!
It was so fun to get to see
you guys and spend time
with the grand-kidlets.
A very happy time indeed.
love,
nana 2e/mom xo
P.S. love love love that
Drew is wearing his $1 gloves!