Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Hello 2013
We are back in the swing of things around here. It was a lot of fun to have so much time off from school and work at Christmas, but I do love me a good routine. The kids are back in the thick of spelling tests and projects and reading logs. Brad is busy at work hoping to avoid another trip to Philly- at least until it warms up a bit there. He is also busy every Sunday as well as several weeknights thanks to a little surprise we got about 6 weeks ago called Elder's Quorum president. A change is as good as a rest huh. Brinlee is back to ruling the roost during the day. Cole is finally finally sleeping all night consistently which leaves him with an over abundance of energy during the day- but I'll take it. I am busy being the glue that holds us all together. I am currently in week 2 of an 8 week health challenge with my dad and sister(our spouses are participating- just not as seriously as we are) and am feeling great. Now that I am no longer growing a human or being the primary food source for one, I can finally focus on getting healthy and staying that way. I am pushing my body to its limits (you should see my poor blistered feet) but it feels oh so good. I am concentrating on making better food choices and keeping track of what I eat and it has made a huge difference for me. I have a feeling this will be a life challenge for me instead of just the 8 weeks. I am pretty competitive though so the challenge aspect of this keeps me going as well. I want to be the best me for my husband and kids and I have found that this requires an investment of time. I have found a pretty good balance and am hoping that I will be able to sustain it. Anyway, enough of that. We have already decorated for Valentine's Day here. We had to replace all the fun Christmas decor with something right. We are crossing our fingers that the 49ers can win their game this week and make it to the Super Bowl. We are planning for our last big Disneyland hurrah in May before our passes expire. We are playing outside with coats on. This is new to us and probably won't last long- but we will take advantage of it for as long as we can. We are happy and healthy and loving 2013 so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We have both noted that our lives have followed a similar path with marriage and kids. I had to chuckle as I read this post as I kept thinking "me too."
Kimball is the EQ Pres and I'm doing an 8-week fitness challenge. (I did it a few times last year and loved it. And although I want them to be lifelong habits, I find that I do better when I'm in a current challenge. So, if you want to do another in a few months, let me know. It would be fun to do together.) Good luck with both of those things!
I love reading your posts. You have such a great attitude and a cute family. Jed and I are doing fitness challenge as well, me to finally lose my baby belly and he reducing his blood pressure (he doesn't need to lose a pound.) Its nice doing it with someone. It keeps me motivated (guilt really) when he does his workout and I'm eating brownies.
Loved the update! You really
are the "glue" that holds your
family together. good job!
Also, congrats on being so
motivated to make good health
choices, I wish I was as
committed. I am glad you are
doing it with dad, it really
keeps him 'in the game'.
Thanks for having such a
cute family!
love,
nana 2e
Good for you!! Good luck on your 8 weeks!! Glad everyone is doing well!
Post a Comment