Monday, June 17, 2013

The Swimming Days of Summer

Right after we got back from Disneyland, we got into our summer routine of swimming every morning.  It is great for the kids to get out their energy and be loud.  Then they come home and ravenously wolf down lunch and then either fall asleep or have quiet time for a good 2 hours.  It is great for their sanity and mine.  I bought this cute rocket blow up toy to try to get Cole out in the water a bit more.  Drew hijacked it and subsequently popped it after only having it for 4 days.  Cole has gotten progressively more okay with the water, only now I have to get all the way in with him or else he ends up in the middle of the pool gulping water.  If only his water wings could make him a little more buoyant.  Today as I was stacking stuff on to the stroller to go home, I didn't realize Brinlee had taken a seat on the back of the stroller.  My friend noticed a leg sticking out from all of the towels and called me over to take a picture.  So funny, yet so my life.  There is no better way to beat this AZ heat than to swim swim swim- and so we will.







3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

What a fun summer!
I especially love that
last pic...I nearly
didn't see the little
leg sticking out at
the bottom!
Funny Brinlee!
love,
nana 2e/mom xo

Deborah Thue said...

What a fun summer!
I especially love that
last pic...I nearly
didn't see the little
leg sticking out at
the bottom!
Funny Brinlee!
love,
nana 2e/mom xo

Ashley said...

That's pretty cool that you guys are able to do the pool everyday like that!! The kids are getting so big and growing up so fast!!