Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Have A 9 Year Old!!

On June 13th, my oldest child turned 9 years old.  How is that even possible?!?  Time just keeps on speeding by and I can't do a thing about it.  Sadie is the best oldest child in the world.  She is so helpful with the other kids and I often get comments from strangers about it when we are out and about.  It is usually along the lines of, "Wow- that is a lot of kids you have- good thing you have such a good helper."  I just ignore the part about having a lot of kids and acknowledge how great of a helper Sadie is.  She is a big help at the pool everyday.  Cole has recently found the shower stall at the other end of the pool from where we swim.  He makes a mad dash down there at least 5 times each day.  Sadie is great to run down and catch him.  He usually goes limp and makes it very difficult for her to haul him back to me, but she perseveres none the less.  Her actual birthday was on a Thursday so we had our traditional donuts for breakfast.  That afternoon was activity days which is one of Sadie's favorite things so she couldn't miss that.  The next day she had five friends over for a party.  They went bowling and then came back to our house for pizza and cake.  Since we are in the midst of our scorching summer here in AZ, everyone wears flip flops.  Sadie figures the girls coming to the party probably wouldn't remember to bring socks for bowling- so as a party favor she picked out some cute tie dyed socks to give everyone.  They were a hit and all the girls thought is was so fun to have matching socks at the party.  What a fun birthday for such a great 9 year old girl!!






(These guys were exiled to kitchen to give the party girls some space.)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow I can't believe she is 9!!! Time flys!! I remember holding her when she was a day old and tat seems like it was yesterday!!

Deborah Thue said...

You are not even old
enough to have a 9 year old!
What a doll she is!
Love the exile pic!
love,
nana 2e/mom xo

Unknown said...

She is one awesome 9 year old!!! It was so fun to see you all on the 4th. I think Sadie and Daisy got along very well. Daisy goes around talking about her shirt being the same as "cousin Sadie". Daisy really loved playing with both her girl cousins! Happy birthday Sadie!! She is one awesome young lady!!!!