Thursday, August 15, 2013

Utah Wrap Up

So here we are almost a month from the last time I posted, and almost a month from our return to the desert from our Utah extravaganza.  I keep thinking every day that I will update this blog during nap time, and then suddenly nap time is over and the blog stays in its state of neglect.  But today is the day, and hopefully I will not let another month go by after this post.  We finished up our time in Utah with some fun family visitors.  First, cousin Beckett and Aunt Sierra joined us for lunch and water play.  Cole and Beckett are only 4 months apart and really are two peas in a pod.  I wish we could get them together more often.  The other kids loved having Beckett around too and also loved showing Aunt Sierra all of there cool pool tricks.  After Sierra and Beckett left, my mom's 2 sisters (aka the fairy godaunts) showed up for a 24 hour whirlwind of fun.  They had a water fight with the kids- which Drew thought was the greatest thing ever.  They planned a treasure hunt that ended with tons of treats and prizes for all 4 of my kids.  We had a yummy breakfast at Kneaders, and then spent our final time together playing at the Thanksgiving Point splash pad complete with Noah's Ark.  It was so fun to have them get to know my kids better and for my kids to meet my fun and crazy aunts.  On our last day, we went to the movie one more time with Nana and then started packing up all of our stuff.  Brad had been in Philly all week for work and was flying back to Phoenix and then hanging out at the airport for a few hours before his flight to SLC.  He called me after he landed in Phoenix and said he was going to try to catch an earlier flight to SLC.  He said it would cost 75.00 but he was anxious to get back to us so he felt like it was worth it.  Turns out they waived the fee since his ticket was bought with frequent flyer miles.  I picked him up a few hours earlier than expected which was great.  We were apart for 10 days- which is a pretty long time in my book.  The next morning we got on the road bright and early headed back to AZ.  We made a quick stop for gas and the bathroom in St. George and Brad came out with a box of Krispy Kremes.  Not the best thing to have when you are all smashed in the car- but luckily I had a stash of wipes to pass around so everyone wasn't covered in the glaze for another 8 hours in the car.  We had such a great time in Utah and loved being able to see so much of our family.  It wasn't so fun coming home to the crazy summer temps here, but I think everyone was ready to be back in their own beds.  












No comments: