Monday, March 31, 2014

Mom/Daughter Date

Sadie and I were able to have a fun afternoon out on Saturday and then attend the General Women's meeting together.  I had been telling her for a few weeks that this was coming up and that since she was old enough to go with me, she could pick where we should go out to eat before the meeting.  She felt very mature in having this responsibility and chose Paradise Bakery.  It is so fun to have the kids one on one in situations like this.  She talked and talked and talked telling me of all the happenings in 4th grade and her busy little life.  We took our time eating and then when we were finished I asked if she wanted to run next door to look for a new skirt.  She nicely told me that she no longer wants to wear matching dresses with Brinlee and jumped at the chance to pick out something more her age.  She was so excited with her find that she chose to stealthily change in the car before we headed to the church for the broadcast.  The meeting was great- especially since I was able to go with Sadie.




1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow she is growing up fast!! She looks so pretty in her cute new skirt!!