Monday, June 23, 2014

Oh- Hi!

We had the sister missionaries over for dinner last night.  They were talking about an activity they were going to be having in a few weeks and mentioned that they needed someone to be part of it that blogs.  They asked, " Do you blog?"  I had to think for a minute.  "Yes, I blog. Well, I mean I used to blog a few months ago.  I mean I want to blog, I just haven't been."  Anyway, it was enough of a reminder to me that yes I love this little blog and keeping track of my family's comings and goings here and it was definitely time to get back on this here blog.  So- where to begin.  I think I fell off the wagon somewhere between the end of April and beginning of May.  May is always crazy with school assemblies and end of year programs and we also finished up flag football for Drew and gymnastics for Sadie.  Brinlee graduated preschool and is greatly anticipating kindergarten.  Summer is here- like really here as in 112 degrees and kids constantly telling me they are hungry or even worse... bored.  So I feel a bit like a cruise director/referee these days.  We are making it fun and I really do enjoy having them all to myself each day- it is just really exhausting.  We swim every morning- as in every single morning during the week.  It is good for them to get their energy out before it gets too hot.  We often have friends join us there which is even better.  And we are all looking pretty tan these days.(Don't worry- I spf 50 everyone).  Then it is on to lunch which usually consists of them downing everything I have recently purchased at the grocery store.  Followed by some quiet time where they work on their daily chores, reading, projects, etc.  Cole is still napping for a good 2 1/2 hours during this time which is great!  A little side note regarding Cole- he is potty trained- yay!!!  We are done with diapers at this house and I couldn't be happier.  Anyway, once everyone has had enough of being forced to be quiet, we usually have some adventure like going to the library or Target or getting slushies.  The girls love to help me with dinner which I try not to get all ocd about and let them make the meatballs whatever size they want.  We have all become pretty good at playing Avengers Rummy and usually have some kind of other game competition before we watch a silly summer game show like Bet on Your Baby or American Ninja Warrior- and then it is off to bed.  I have to fight to keep myself from lying down at this point and going to bed myself.  I hope these days are as fun for the kids as they are tiring for me.  I think we are making some good memories.  We try to shake it up on the weekends with movie nights and some newly found fun night games with glow in the dark bracelets.  Sadie turned 10 a couple of weeks back.  I really can't believe she is a pre-teen.  We had a fun afternoon with her and a friend getting pedicures and then doing some shopping.  She loves to borrow my jewelry and has told me that I am welcome to borrow hers as well.  We are heading to Southern Utah at the end of July to meet up with my sister from England and her family, my brother and his wife, and my parents.  We are staying at a condo for a few days.  My kids are soooo excited for this.  They haven't seen these cousins for 3 years and haven't even met one of them yet.  They ask me everyday if it is time to pack for St. George yet.  I am already starting to gather school uniforms since we will have 3 in school in a few weeks.  I think we will all be ready for a change of pace when it happens, but until then- Happy Summer 2014!!











3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

You are such a fun, cute mommy! I'm sure you are making great memories with them-it sure does take a lot of energy from the mom to make it happen, eh? I really like the way you write. I loved all the pics-there were several I hadn't seen before-so cute. They are all growing sooo fast! Must be all the groceries you are bringing in practically every day of the week! Keep up the good work. You are doing an amazing job!
Happy summer!
Love you all loads,
Nana 2e/mom xox

BrandonKristin said...

First of all, you are awesome. I admire your routine and organization. Second of all...Sadie is 10? what?! Next, I cant believe I havent seen you guys in about 3-4 years either! I know its crazy when you come in town to see your mama, but we would love to have you all over to hang out!

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

When did they all get so big!!??