Tuesday, April 21, 2009
My Little Guitar Heros
Brad has been carrying around his birthday money in his wallet since February and he finally decided what he wanted. Guitar Hero Metallica. Now I know on the outside Brad does not look like your typical Metallica fan- but looks can be deceiving. He has loved Metallica ever since I met him and even wanted me to put head phones on my belly and blare it for our kids in utero. I quickly squashed that idea which I guess is partly why I didn't mind this most recent Metallica purchase. He bought it a couple weekends ago and set it up while I was gone to a girls movie night with some of my friends. I came home to find my sweet little children had been turned into metal heads. They absolutely love playing guitar hero and are getting pretty good at strumming to the songs. There are a few songs that aren't Metallica so I have even tried my hand at it. I can play a pretty mean "The Boys are Back in Town" on the easy level of course. Anyway- it has been a fun family bonding tool even though I thought I would never want my kids rocking out to Metallica. As you can see Brad has been practicing so much during his week off of school that he tired himself right out and fell asleep with his new girlfriend the guitar. On another note- I can't get Brinlee to take a binky for anything- but the other night I walked into her room to check on her and found her with a piece of her blanket shoved in her mouth. She likes her thumb quite a bit too so I guess we will just go with whatever works.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love this post! Looks like you guys are having fun rocking out. And what is a Metallica fan supposed to look like anyway? haha.
Love the pic of Brinlee with the 'binky-blanky'
love, nana 2E
Awesome! A little Metallica never hurt any body....right!?
Post a Comment