Sunday, May 17, 2009
Summer Is Here
Summer has officially arrived in more than one way. Last Thursday Sadie officially "graduated" from preschool. It was such a good experience for her and now I feel totally confident in sending her off to kindergarten in a couple of months. I think it will still be a little tough to have her out of the house for hours at a time everyday- mostly tough on me not her- but atleast we have had some practice thanks to preschool. Her classs had a little program on Thursday to show off all that they had learned. I got a few pics- but you will have to look close to see which one she is. Brinlee was wrestling the camera away from me every time I went to snap a shot so they are not as clear as I would like but what are ya gonna do? Another sign that summer is here- we have been having 100+ degree weather. A few of us moms headed out to a splash park the other day to get some relief from the heat only to find out that the fountains were broken- but wait they fixed them just in time to shut them down again for cleaning. Some days you just can't win. My friend and neighbor Jenny is offering swimming lessons so we are taking advantage of that and will be starting Drew and Sadie in class tomorrow. I am not sure how I am going to balance all three kids at the pool for over an hour- but I will make a valiant effort. The countdown to Sadie's birthday is on. We will be heading to California for a little family vacay and a trip to The Happiest Place on Earth to celebrate Sadie turning the big 5 years old. My baby is going to be five years old- when did that happen? We are enjoying daily otter pops and time in the sprinklers to escape from the heat. Brinlee has her six month check up this week. I have been feeding her rice cereal for a few weeks now and she has developed some serious thunder thighs. I am anxious to see how much she weighs now. Life with three kids is busy but I am managing- though the blog does get neglected. Hopefully I will stay more on top of things and document life before it passes us by. Here's to stayin cool.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sadie looks so grown up in those pics! I think it's the hair being down maybe... And Brinlee! I almost didn't recognize her...YAY for rice cereal, right? Thanks for all the 'valiant efforts' you make as a mom to make sure my grandbabies have so many fun and educational experiences.
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment