Monday, September 14, 2009
It's Always Fun When Nana Comes
I had mentioned to my mom earlier last week that Sunday the 13th was grandparent's day. A little while later she called me back and said my dad had just found a great airplane fare so could she come visit us in honor of grandparents day. I of couse agreed and so she has been here since Saturday and will go home tomorrow. We always have such a fun time when nana comes to visit. First off, I am pretty sure she brought more things for the kids in her suitcase than clothes. This could become a problem tomrrow as I think she has now worn everything she brought with her. We always get in some good cooking time with nana which results in some really yummy meals and treat. Yesterday Sadie and Nana made cinnamon rolls for Brad since we just found out he got an A in his last class. Not bad for graduate school and working full time huh? We are pretty proud of him and thought he deserved some cinnamon rolls. I made a delicious peach pie in honor of our home town Peach Days festival that was this last weekend. There are still leftovers in the fridge and I think I will be eating that for breakfast for the next few days. Don't judge- atleast it is fruit right. We made a trip to Ikea today while Sadie was at school and my mom spoiled me rotten with all new bedding and decor for my bedroom. I have never really decorated our room and have kind of put it at the bottom of the list to do after I get the rest of the house how I want it. Now thanks to my mom my room is well on its way. Michigan won their first two games of the season which has meant that Brad is quite chipper lately which is great. Drew is still guarding his toys with his life as Brinlee continues to bother him. It's a great life...especially when nana visits!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
where is the bedding? I can't wait to see your new room, how FUN! You are quite the betty crocker with that peach pie, but it looks like your mom trained you well!! I was also gonig to tell you to check out lakesidecollection.com they have LOTS of michigan stuff, maybe something you could find for Brad/Drew for Christmas. Plus its fairly cheap!
PS How cute is your hair in that picture? I'm just sayin'...
love, nana 2E
Post a Comment