Wednesday, September 23, 2009
The Scuttlebut
Sadie had picture day at school last week and wanted to practice her smile before she left that morning. We had a little photo practice to get her all ready for the day. She is doing really well in school and the only somewhat negative feedback I have recieved from her teacher is that she needs to stop checking the work of the other kids around her to see if it is correct. What a little miss know it all I have created. Oh well- atleast she is not misbehaving. Each child in her class has three frogs at the start of each day and if they misbehave they have to remove a frog from the wall. If you keep the majority of your frogs all week then on Friday you get a prize. Her teacher sends home a little note each day if the child has kept all their frogs to say that they did a great job that day. Well Sadie gets one of these papers every day and this week she told me that she told her teacher to just send a paper home if she loses a frog because they could save more paper that way. Brinlee is cutting five teeth on top right now and has become very clingy due to her pain. I had to get some housework done so I put her in the crib with a basket of toys. She screamed for a few minutes and then it stopped. I went in to check on her assuming that she had started playing with the toys but instead I found her asleep on a pile of toys. Oh the joys of teething. Brad is almost half way done with his current finance class and after that one is done we will only have one more to go before winter break and only four more classes total until he graduates. Can you tell I am excited and counting down the days? The weather has turned the slightest bit fall here and it has been so nice. The mornings have been windy and around 80 degrees so we have been walking Sadie to school. One more month and I will be shoving my beautiful 75 degree days in the face of you people that actually experience winter. Well maybe not shoving- but atleast gloating a little bit. I have got to get my gloating in somehwere before we are back to tripple digits right.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hahahaha. You should keep a book of the hilarious things Sadie says. What a girl. And I love that she checks the work of the students around her. I'm sure her photos will be great, she is the most photogenic child I have ever met.
It's good to read your update. I love that we can keep in touch through blogs. Well, I'm hoping you check mine too! ;) Anyway, what cute kids you have. And that's exciting that Brad is nearing the end of his program. Yea for all of you!
Oh my gosh, that is so funny about Sadie! HAHA!
I just love that pic of Brinlee with her little bottom in the air. And as for Sadie and school...hmm...who does that remind me of?...
love,
nana 2E
PS Here's a clue: "You call yourself a mother???? You should be ashamed of yourself!....."
Ahh the memories! It just means you must be a wonerful mom! (and YOU ARE!)
love,
nana 2E
I mean WONDERFUL...I just had to correct my spelling...hello ocd..
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment