Friday, January 14, 2011
A Sad Story
Okay the title of this post may be a little misleading as nothing terrible or horrible as exactly happened to us today. It's just a little thing but it is still stewing around in my head so I am going to put it out there into the blogging universe and hopefully feel better. So we went out to dinner tonight as a fam and when I say out to dinner I am not talking Costco hot dogs or happy meals- I mean out to a retaurant. It was a new retaurant to us- something we hadn't tried before. We had heard good things about it from a few people so we thought we would give it a shot. The kids were a bit unruly, but once the fries arrived all was right with the world. My food was DELICIOUS!!! So so good that I enjoyed each and every bite took in between spoon feeding Brinlee her bites.(She now insists on eating everything with a spoon though she doesn't quite have the coordination yet to do so- so I am her personal feeder). Anyway, I only made it half way through my plate but decided to stop and save the other half for lunch tomorrow. That way I feel better about the price of my food- since it is now actually two meals instead of one- and I don't feel like I have to be rolled out of the restaurant. Anyway- the kids ended up with some leftovers as well so we would have lunch for them tomorrow too-bonus! The bill comes- we pay- we pack up and exit the restaurant which by this point is overflowing with people waiting for a table. The moment we get outside- I realize Brad doesn't have our leftover boxes and neither do I. I have a small panic attach(my food was really that good) and send him back into the retaurant to retrieve the boxes as I herd all three kids to the car. He returns...empty handed. I yell out the window of the van to find out what happend. He says the table was already cleared. How can this be? We just exited the restaurant not two minutes ago. I tell him to go back in and ask at the front desk to see if by some chance they have preserved our boxes.(again, the food was that good) He returns again...empty handed. I am bummed and frustrated and ask Brad why he didn't pick up the boxes since I was carring Brinlee and holding Drew's hand. Dumb question I know- he just forgot and that happens. Sadie at this point believes we are fighting and on the verge of divorce so she starts crying. I tell her and Brad that it is no big deal and my food wasn't that good anyway. I LIED, my food was amazing. So there is my sad story and my writing therapy may have worked because I am actually feeling better about things now. I will just go have myself some muddy buddy therapy now and all will be right with the world. Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
This truly is the story of my life. I think I leave my boxed food at the restaurant 85% of the time and it really irks me! So agree, this is a sad story.
what is the name of this place? soory about the loss of your boxes, happens to me all the time.
So Sad! You have my curiosity going and want to know what resteraunt?
I proud of you for braving a restaurant with the whole family! Way to go! Sorry about losing your food (sounds like you threw it up, that might have been worse!)
This happened to me at Outback! I was so sad. My entire steak was in there. I was full after the appetizer and was so excited that I would have a yummy lunch the next day...
Also happened at Pizza Hut with an ENTIRE pizza that we left on the roof of our car while we were getting in, and drove off! I think I actually cried.
It feels good to brave a resteraunt once in awhile doesn't it. We try and go as a family once a month. So where did you go? We are always looking for a new place to eat!
AAAHHHH! I HATE when that happens! You are a very good writer, no wonder the therapy worked. And you are such a cute mommy. I love that you and Brad take the kids out - they are learning such good matters. Do you remember your experiences as a child when we went out for dinner as a family??? :)
love,
nana 2E
I mean maNNers. I hate when that happens too.
love,
nana 2E
Thanks for the smile Claire. That's why when we go out I'M in charge of the food and Jared gets the kids. We're less sad that way when Jared forgets the kids.
:o)
That sounds like something I would do!! I love having leftovers to enjoy the next day. I totally think of it as a buy one, get one free deal. BUT, I forget them sometimes and it really, really irritates me. So sorry!
Post a Comment