Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Evening Things Out
First off, thanks to all those who contributed to my last post and confirmed that I am not the only crazy person who gets very sad about leaving their take-out boxes in a restaurant. You all made me feel a lot better about myself. For those who asked for the name of the restaurant- it is BJ's Brewery here in Mesa. I highly recommend it. A little on the pricey side- but totally worth it- especially if you don't leave your left overs behind. That being said, let me move on to the title of this post. I have always enjoyed even numbers. Not sure what it is- probably just one of my weird quirks. So I am happy to say that our family of five(an odd number) will soon become a very even number of 6. We are expecting Baby Phillip's #4 in early August 2011! Not sure of the gender quite yet- but I sure wouldn't mind having 2 boys and 2 girls. Secretly I believe it is another girl- but I am trying not to spread that around too much as Brad and Drew have already decided it's a boy and planned out the next ten years of sporting events that the three of them will attend together. I had a goal to be done having my children by the time I was 30. I will turn 30 at the end of July and with my history of delivering early- I just might make my goal. Four kids sounds like a lot right now, so I am just baby stepping each day. I have been a lot more tired this go round and have had some other health issues creep in that I wish I could have held off for a while longer. Brad is being a trooper picking up the slack and I keep reassuring him that things should improve in the 2nd trimester. That will probably turn into me saying things will improve in the 3rd trimester and then just plain things will improve when the baby is born. Oh well- we sacrifice a lot to get these kids here and then even more once they arrive- but it is totally worth it! I had an ultra-sound last week and am still amazed at this whole process of growing a human. It gave me a nice boost to see a little baby moving around in there with 2 arms and 2 legs. It lets me know all this exhaustion is actually producing something amazing. So that is our news- I am surprised I kept it quiet this long. Here's to even numbers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Congrats Claire! I too have/had a goal of 4 kids by 30, we'll see where we end up. :) Hope you feel better soon.
Surprise! Congratulations to my goal-oreinted girl who loves even numbers! You guys are an amazing little (did I say little?) family, and we are so proud of you all!
love,
nana 2E
Congrats!!!! That is so exciting! Good luck with everything! Wish you all the best!
Love you guys!
Congrats Claire, Brad, and kids! I had to laugh when you responded to my post about having #4. We really have similar families-- ages, boy/girl ratio, even wedding date. Let's plan on having these babies on the same day, ok? ;) Good luck with the pregnancy. Hopefully the 2nd trimester will be your time of relief.
Congrats!
Congrats! I also wanted to be done by 30. I also wanted 4 kids. Well, I accomplished one of those goals. ;)
Congrats! So exciting for you guys!
Hooray! We are so happy to hear this announcement! We have been ready to burst over here. (Especially me after your last post. Does anyone else know the true tragedy of missing out on tasty goodness like a pregnant person?) We are so excited for you guys, and I hope you get feeling better soon!
Wow you are good at keeping secrets. While we were talking about pregnant woman at the Christmas program did you already know? Well congrats! We love even numbers at our house too. And Todd had a goal to be down with having kids by the time he was 30 and that did not happen so good for you.
CONGRATS! That is awesome you might reach your goal, maybe we could have a baby around the same time! That would be fun. (no i am not announcing anything!)
wahoo! Congrats!
Post a Comment