

For Family Night last night we decided to head out to the batting cages. Brad has been wanting to do this for a while but the thought of balls being flung at my children wasn't too appealing to me. Brad assured me that they would be fine and he would help them so I agreed. Brad took the first few hits, and at the point I wasn't even sure that the kids were going to get a turn. Every time his time ran out, he would pop another token in and tell the kids they would get their turn in a minute. After 3 or 4 rounds- the kids were starting to form an uprising so he relented and let them have their turn in the cage. Drew is a natural and hit almost every single ball that came his way. I was pretty sure Sadie would be afraid and take one swing and then say she was done- but I was wrong. She hit just as many times as Drew and didn't even complain about the helmet messing up her hair. Brinlee and I stayed on the outside and were the cheerleaders. She was a little grumpy that she didn't get to particpate, but as soon as we mentioned going to get donuts for our treat- her attitude quickly changed. It was a fun night and something I am sure we will be doing again soon.

4 comments:
Haha! I love that grumpy picture of Brinlee, how cute!
Looks like a lot of fun!! I love the picture of the kids in there helmets! I hope you are feeling better.
I agree, I love the grumpy picture of Brinlee! It's hard to be little and not get to do what the big kids are doing. Either way, it looks like tons of fun. Way to make fun memories with your kidlets!
What a fun FHE. I would love to have seen Sadie and Drew hit. It doesn't surprise me a bit that Drew is such a natural. Alright Brad, it's almost time to start signing up to coach the kid's
t-ball and soccer teams!
love, nana 2E
PS How can I not mention the grumpy Brinlee pic? She is so good at wordless-communication, eh?
Post a Comment