
Brad turned the big 30 last week and boy did we celebrate. The kids gave him some of his favorite treats- soda, jelly beans, and cadbury eggs. I gave him the NFL training camp game for the wii to help him keep his trim 30 year old figure after eating all the junk the kids gave him. I sadly only took pics of him opening presents. We did have a lovely coconut cream pie and his request. The next day my parents came into town and watched the kids overnight while Brad and I went on a little valentines/b-day trip. We ate at a brazillian restaurant for dinner. Brad was in heaven with all of his meat- and I hardly made a dent in my meat consumption- but it was still fun to be out just the two of us. We then headed off to the Suns vs. Mavericks game which didn't end until almost midnight. We stayed at a hotel in Tempe and slept without interruption. We then went shopping and out to lunch and a movie before heading back home to yet another suprise b-day celebration put together by my mom and the kids. He was defnitely spoiled on this milestone birthday. I had a doctors appointment last week. My blood pressure was exactly the same as the month before so I have avoided medication yet again by the skin of my teeth. The doc had some extra time so he did an ultra sound. I was only 16 weeks so he wasn't defnite but he guessed it was a girl! We will have the real ultra sound in 2 weeks and find out hopefully for sure what baby #4 is. I would be totally happy with another girl- as would Brad even though he may not be admitting that just yet. I was released from my calling as Relief Society President in our ward this past Sunday. When the doc told me to reduce stress I kind of knew this was coming since I can't really be released from my 3 kids. It was bitter sweet to say the least. I was quite weepy all day- but we will just blame that on this whole pregnancy thing. I had grown to love the calling even though it was a major sacrifice for our family at times. I know the timing was right and the new President called is perfect for the job. Now I can breath a little easier and hopefully lower my blood pressure enough that it won't be an issue any longer. Well that is about it for the happenings around here. Brad is now an old man and I will rub my youth in his face for another few months while I am still 29!
4 comments:
Well I guess this is what happens when you're late to church, you miss all the big releasings/new callings!
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun over the birthday/ valentines holiday! Hopefully your blood pressure gets better for you. That is sure scary when things aren't going as well as you want them to or how they are suppose to go. That is exciting that they think it is a girl!
Brad - you're such an old man! Claire, I love how you rub that in (the fact that you are still in your 20's) Brad is such a cradle robber. Anyway, thanks for the pics, we loved being part of the celebration.
love,
nana 2E
P.S. Tell Brad that I'm also still keeping an open mind about blue or pink, ok? :)
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment