Thursday, March 10, 2011

BLUE Slushies For All!!!




So if you haven't guessed yet...We are having a BOY!!! I had my ultra-sound appointment yesterday and after about 15 min. of looking around, the tech said " For the first time ever I am going to disagree with your doctor- this is a boy." Brad was ecstatic. He said he would have been fine with a girl, but I don't think he stopped smiling for an hour after we found out this was indeed a boy. I was pretty stunned myself. Although my doc had said at my appt. a couple weeks ago that it was just a guess that it was a girl- I had pretty much decided in my head that it was a girl and had been planning as such. We brought home blue slushies for the kids and they were all pretty excited to get the news. The only problem is that I had sort of indoctrinated Brinlee into thinking it was a girl and that her name would be Aubree. Now we are working on retraining her to answer with the boy name when we ask her what the baby's name is. I had two names picked out for a boy- Cole and Blake. I told Brad he could decide which one we would go with. He hadn't said anything to me about it until last night in our family prayer when he blessed that baby Cole would continue to grow and be healthy. So there you have it- we are having a boy and his name will be Cole. Still working on a middle name- but we should have that picked out shortly. It looks like I will have my even set after all- 2 girls and 2 boys!!!





Not the best pic of me, but I wanted to document the day with all of us.








9 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! How fun to level out the playing field so to speak. Cute way to tell your kids too. :)

Ashley said...

This is so exciting!!! congratulations!!! Very cute name by the way! Love it Cole (middle name to be decided) Phillips!! Hope everything is going well with the pregnancy and the blood pressure. I really like the blue slushie idea. Very clever! Congrats again on the baby boy coming your way soon!

Ashley said...

P.S I was at the store today and almost bought girl stuff cuz your doctor thought it was going to be a girl. Good thing I didn't

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you! If I could talk Jed into another kid, it would be nice for #4 to be a girl and even out the genders. So lucky!

Middle name ideas: Jedediah - long but VERY Utahn.
Or Desi. You know that Desi Arnez is a boy. I'm just sayin'.

Liz Farnsworth said...

So exciting! Congratulations to you all. Love the name.

Rachel Hanchett said...

Congrats! I hope when we have another one we even things out too!

Deborah Thue said...

YAY for Cole! I'm so happy and excited. It was kinda fun to be suprised, eh? I love the blue slushy pic. Thanks for taking them for history sake. I think you look adorable.
love,
nana 2E

BrandonKristin said...

you really like to even it out!! Love that blue slushy idea, so fun and creative.

Sharla said...

Congratulations!! I don't know how you people get the boy/girl ratio to work out. ;) Aren't ultrasounds wonderful so you don't go through your pregnancy with wrong assumptions. Brinlee will have plenty of time to make sure she doesn't call her brother Aubree. Good luck!