Sunday, January 2, 2011

It'll Never Happen Again






















Two very rare things happend in Arizona this past weekend. First off, it snowed. Not rain, not hail, not sleet- but the real white fluffy stuff. It only lasted about 15 minutes or so but we saw it and enjoyed it. Sadie was probably the most excited out of everybody. We will say that is because she was born in freezing Logan Utah and has that winter blood. Drew on the other hand did not want to leave the comfort of our warm home to experience the snow. He was happy to stand in the doorway and watch the action. Too bad it wasn't a week earlier or we could have said we had a white Christmas here in the desert. The second rare happening was when Brad gave the kids sparklers on New Year's Eve. I HATE fireworks. I am terrified of fire and was more than happy to move to a place where fireworks are outlawed. A couple weeks ago Brad filled me in that some fireworks are now legal in Arizona and that he would be purchasing some for our enjoyment. Luckily sparklers are pretty tame- but I still had to have the hose at the ready as Brad passed the kids their sparklers. They thought they were pretty cool and would have done them all night if we would have let them. I think we still have a few boxes left over but they may magically disappear when Brad goes back to work this week. We had a lovely New Years celebration with Brad's brother Matt and his wife Sierra who stopped by on their way back to Utah from California. We always have such a great time with them- so great in fact that I always forget to take any pictures. I have plans to do a 2010 review post here in the next little bit since it was quite a big year for the Phillip's fam. Hopefully I can get to that when Brad and Sadie get back to work and school and life gets back to normal. Until then... Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

I'm with you Fireworks = Danger. Not worth it, but it looks like your kids sure had fun. Good thing Brad is around for the reckless activities.

Deborah Thue said...

Yay! I'm so glad you documented the snow. How about that? You celebrated the New Year with fire and ice! I'm with you on the fireworks...what is it about us Thue women? I love the pic of Drew-he has such a cute 'pyro' gleam in his eyes! Tell Sadie I'm proud of her for braving the snow!
love,
nana 2E