Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Morning



































































So the threat of disappearing presents worked and the kids did not stir from their beds until 6:15. We then told them they could play together in Drew's room until 7:00 when it would be time to go downstairs. Again, they obeyed and didn't come out of Drew's room until 7:00 on the dot. We then went downstairs to see what Santa brought. Drew was thrilled with his Mickey Pirate Ship. Sadie loved her tinkerbell laptop and Junie B. Jones books. And Brinlee loved her shopping cart and vacum. We spent about an hour playing with their toys from Santa and going through their stockings. We then took a break for breakfast before they filled up on candy. Then it was back to opening present after present after present. My kids sure are spoiled by aunts and uncles and grandmas and grandpas who love them. This was definitely the Christmas of games at our house. I think we got ten new games total. So I bet you can guess what Brad and I spent the day doing. Playing each and every game over and over and over again with the kids. Brad surprised me with tickets to see Les Miserables in June and I surprised him with a new movie and cd and some much needed work socks. Can't get much more exciting than that. We then skyped with cousin Carson and got to see all his Christmas loot and then Sadie and Drew showed him all of theirs. It was so fun to be together as a family in our home that day and not have to travel anywhere but still have the fun of talking to those we loved and missed and even see them on the computer. Brad has the week off of work so we are just enjoying having time with him around. Brad's brother and his wife will be in town for new year's so we are getting excited for that. It will be especially nice to have someone else to play games with the kids so Brad and I can have a break. Just kidding...kind of.

3 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

What GREAT pictures! I love the one of Sadie with her pigtails, holding the yahtzee game...what a sweet face. Also the pic of "officer Drew"...what's in his mouth? And Brinlee looks so cute with her vacuum, also the 1st pic of her in the morning...so tousled and darling. They all look so happy in toy wondrland, what a fun Christmas morning. Good job Claire and Brad. Good job Santa.
love,
nana 2E

The Johnsons said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I think Skype is the best invention ever. We too got to stay at home in our PJ's and still see everyone on the computer. :) Hope you are having a fun week with your hubby around!

Ali said...

Ahh, games, they are a lesson for parents on patience sometimes for sure! Nicole tipped me off during vt today that I should check your blog. CONGRATS! Wish I had known yesterday! ;) 4 is a whole new world but I know if anyone can handle it it's you!! Please holler if you need me!! xos