Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Temple Lights

Everyone is finally feeling better from all the sickness so we decided to head out to see the temple lights last night for Family Night. It was a crazy 80 degrees here yesterday, so needless to say, we didn't need to bundle up too much to go see the lights. We got to the temple right as it was getting dark so we had the place to ourselves for the first little bit. We walked all around and saw the nativty and all the lights and then we headed into the visitor's center to see the Christus statue and to watch the Luke 2 movie. They also had a whole room of nativity scences from all over the world. Sadie loved looking at all of them and wondered where we could go to buy them. Drew is a crazy hyper little boy- but something about that visitor's center calms him right down. He sat very quitely through the Christus presentation and then everytime we said it was time to go he would beg to stay just a few more minutes. I love having a temple so close and being able to take the kids there and talk about why we really celebrate Christmas. We had planned to come home and have donuts and hot chocolate for our treat- but ended up switching out the hot chocolate for squeeze-its due to the not so cold weather. It was such a great night and really got us in the true Christmas spirit!








4 comments:

Sierra and Matt said...

What a fun family night activity! And I can't believe it was 80 degrees!! We've had a bit of a heat wave here, too. It's been in the high forties for the high the last few days. Guess we won't be packing too many layers for our trip. Can't wait to see you guys!!

Emily Richards said...

80 degrees! Woah!! Your family is so so cute :)

Deborah Thue said...

What happy, fun, family memories and traditions you are making. I love that you swapped out
squeeze-its for the hot chocolate because it was so warm. You can see the difference between boys and girls in the donut pics-Drew holds it with whole hand and Sadie has her little pinkie extended. So cute. And yet, Drew settles right down for the Christus. I remember being there with him last year and it was the same. You could tell he felt reverent.
I love the pic with you (Claire) and the kids...you lucky photogenic person you! You look so cute! Also the one with Brad, in front of what???
PALM TREES! At CHRISTMAS! IN THE WINTER!!! That's a good Christmas memory. Thanks again for the pics.
love,
nana 2E

The Johnsons said...

Claire! I didn't know you were the RS pres! Wow! I am glad that I am not you, but I'm sure you are great at it! Congrats on the other info. :) I'm excited for you! You will be great. If I can do it...anyone can! Yah Joseph is the 1st counselor in the bishopric. We miss you guys! Someday we will have to meet up somewhere and get together!!! Hope you have a great Christmas!