Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sugar Cookies!!

I needed one more activity to entertain the troops here on the home front until Brad is off work for the holiday. That activity ended up being sugar cookies, also known as the sprinkle bomb. I have been working on my patience with the kids lately so I decided to test my progress and let them participate in the cookie making from start to finish. I don't usually let them help until the frosting and sprinkle part- but this go round they did it all. I had to pull double duty making sure Brinlee was not sticking spoons in the bowl while the mixer was going and checking that Drew wasn't thowing in any of his "special ingredients" ie:pepper that he snuck out of the pantry. They had a great time and the cookies turned out pretty cute and super tasty. Brinlee did not approve of my technique wherein I poured sprinkles on cookies that were sitting directly on the counter. She looked at me with a concerned expression and said "mess, mommy, mess." I have trained them well haven't I. Anyway, we are all ready for Christmas here and are counting down the hours until Brad gets home and stays home for 11 whole days! Here are some pics of our sugar cookie creations.
PS-The pic of me with my head cut off was taken courtesty of Drew and his fascination with the camera. Had to throw it in so he could see his handy work on the computer.:)







2 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

We just did this same thing tonight! Except I haven't gotten myself to allow them to help through the whole process...only the frosting/decorating! I love the "sprinkle bomb". And of course, those are the cookies that they want to leave for Santa...lol

Deborah Thue said...

I've gotta say it - you are one brave mommy (and nice and patient too). What a great memory for them, all making cookies together. You can see how proud they are of their accomplishments. Looks like Brinlee is so happy to be part of the grownup gang. And you gotta love sprinkles - the 'glitter' of kitchen-land, right? Good job Claire, you'll be rewarded someday.
love,
nana 2E