Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap







We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day today. We celebrated with our little family here in warm AZ. Brad started out the morning by playing in a turkey bowl where he scored 4 touchdowns and had 3 interceptions- but we won't talk about those. We then headed out to the movie theater to see Arthur Christmas. It was cute and was enjoyed by all- excpet for the last 20 minutes where Brinlee continually asked for lunch. She is a girl who enjoys her schedule. Then it was home for lunch and naps and I started on the cooking. Sadie was my lovely assistant and helped with the desserts. We of course capped off the night with some football watching followed by some more football watching. I wanted to record some of the quotes from the day. So here they are in no particular order:
"That sure is a BIG happy family you've got there." (said by the old man taking our tickets at the movie theater. He put a lot of emphasis on big which is kinda funny since we only have four kids- not 19 like the Duggars.)
"This is not turkey, this is meat. I want turkey." (said numerous times by Brinlee during dinner.)
"Can I please have another r-o-l-e." (said during dinner by Sadie who currently spells everything.)
"Look, my corn floats." (said by Drew as he put 4 kernels of corn in his sparkling beverage during dinner.)
"Waaa, Waaaa, Waaa." (said by Cole as I tried to eat my dinner, so I ended up holding him and eating with one hand.)
It really was a great day spent together as a family and reminded us of how thankful we are for all we have- especially eachother!

2 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

Such a wonderful re-cap!
I love all the pics. Sadie looks so pretty (and I love the missing tooth!), and I love Brinlee's curls. You can sure see the mischief in Drew's eyes, and Cole looks like he has grown and changed since I saw him just a few days ago. Crazy how that happens.
Loved the quotes also. ("my corn floats!" one of my faves)
What a great tradition-keeper you are. You are making wonderful memories for your children. I'm sure it is extremely hectic, but believe me, it really is worth it.
You and Brad really DO have a
"big,fun family".
love,
nana 2e

Ali said...

What a perfect day! It's fun sometimes to have a low key, just the immediate fam times for sure. Why do people have to do that. You should see the looks I get when I take all 4 of mine (5 with Mads) and then people notice I'm pregnant ;) Oh well! Enjoy the rest of your holidays, miss you all!