Before we leave Thanksgiving and move on to Christmas, I have to post about two last things I am thankful for. First, we got a NEW FRIDGE!!! I know it doesn't sound too exciting, but it is a big deal at our house. We have had the standard top freezer fridge since we moved into this house. Nothing fancy, kind of small actually, but we were okay with it and it served it's purpose. Over time, due to naughty children hanging on the door, a gap formed at the top of the fridge. We finally decided it was time to start looking for a new refridgerator. We started looking a few months back and then got the great idea to wait until black friday and hopefully find a deal. Well, our patience paid off and we are now the proud owners of a side by side ginormous fridge with a water dispenser in the door. Our kids think the water dispenser in the coolest thing ever. And truth be told, so do I. Anyway, I am just very thankful for a new spacious fancy fridge. Now to my next thankful which is not so materialistic in nature. I am thankful for health, specifically healthy kids. We have been luck in this department(I can just hear Brad telling me to knock on wood) and our kids have not been sick too often. I can deal with the occasional 24 hour barfing or a cold here and there, but that is about it. Poor Brinlee has been sick with croup the past couple of days and it has been scary. She was bad enough last night that I took her into the urgent care to get a breathing treatment. I think health is one of those things you take for granted until you are in the thick of sickness and then you realize how really blessed we are when we are healthy. I do not know how parents with chronically sick children do it. I am exhausted physically and mentally after this bout with Brinlee. The girl has been a trooper though, as well as the rest of the family who had to give up going to the ward Christmas party last night so I coud take Brinlee to the doc. I think it is perfect that Thanksgiving falls right before Christmas. It gives me the opportunity to reflect on all I have and all that I am thankful for and really sets the scene for the Christmas season and the things I can do to show my appreciation for all of my blessings. I hope I can teach that to my kids in this world we live in where the focus of Christmas is increasinging moving farther and farther from Christ. I really am so blessed, from my fridge to my family, so blessed!
Here are a couple pics of the fridge(mostly so my mom can see it) and a pic of Brinlee finally sleeping peacefully. I also had to throw in one shot of the Christmas tree...more will follow.
3 comments:
Well said. And I love the new fridge! Your husband must work at Boeing :). Poor Brinlee Croup is the worst!
Congratulations!
You know you are a
"True Mom" when you are
so genuinely, and
honestly thankful for a
new fridge, right?
I am so happy for you.
(and just a tad jealous.
I hate my fridge).
I am also so grateful that
Miss Brinn is on the mend.
Scary! You guys are good
parents.
I would kill to have been
a fly on the wall at home
while you were at the
hospital. It's always nice
to give the Dads a little
"shot" of what your real,
everyday life is like,right?
hugs to all,
love from,
nana 2e
PS
I also should add that
you know you are a
"True Sibling" when you
sacrifice (however willingly
or unwillingly) going to
your Christmas Party,so
that your Mom can take your
sister to the hospital.
It's all about priorities,
right guys?
I KNOW they are thankful too.
love,
nana 2e
Post a Comment