
Remember my scenario from my last post where I pictured each of the kids getting Drew's stomach bug? Well apparently it was a self fulfilling prophecy. Luckily it didn't happen while my parents were here. Sadie ended up in the nurse's office at school on Friday and was sick until Saturday afternoon causing her to miss her big stake activity days activity at the church which she had been looking forward to for weeks. Then on Monday afternoon Brinlee started complaining of a stomach ache and the thermometer revealed that she too had contracted the dreaded stomach bug. So all in all it took a week to cycle through the three kids and I am still holding out hope that Cole will be spared. It is nice to have that rough week of sickness behind us and now move on to bigger and better things. We are approaching my most favorite time of the year. Though we don't actually experience fall here in Arizona, I try my best to create it in doors with the help of some cute fall decor, a spice scented scentsy, and sometimes the a/c cranked up a bit(shhh- don't tell Brad). It is also the beginning of the holiday season which I love. We already have Halloween costumes for all of the kids. The pic above is of Cole sporting his cute Sparky costume. He obviously was not in the mood for photos. General Conference weekend and fall break will be here in a couple short weeks. Then we will surprise the kids with a quick Disneyland trip mid October and also celebrate Drew's birthday there. Then comes Halloween and then Brinlee's birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I can't wait!!!! It is so nice to have things to look forward to and make fun for the kids. It keeps me going on some of those tougher days of cleaning up puke. Speaking of, I am off to deep clean the heck out of my house now and restore it to its pre-sick kids glory.
3 comments:
i love that pic!!!
i am telling you, it makes
me giggle everytime!
especially because he can go
from flirty little smile
to that look in about 5 seconds!
you are so good to get such
good pics for all us
non-arizonians. i really
appreciate being kept in
the loop.
good job getting halloween
costumes crossed off the list
so quickly! (that way you
get more use out of them!)
let the fall season begin!
love,
nana 2e/mom
Cole is standing up! Is he walking now? I guess he is over a year huh? That's what I get for living on the other side of the world and not having met the littlest Phillips yet. :( Happy Fall to you!
I woke up to throw up this morning. So not fun! I'm hoping it doesn't get the rest of us too.
But, a trip to disneyland, now that's fun! We actually went last week. So, our trips won't overlap. :( But I think the rest of Utah will be there. ;) I've heard UEA could be for Utah Escapes to Anaheim. I'll blog about our trip eventually. I did put some pics on facebook, you should really join. :)
Post a Comment