Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometimes Always Right

This morning Cole and Brinlee were happily playing together.  After a few minutes, Brinlee rushed over to me and announced that Cole had a dirty diaper.  She often cries wolf about this subject matter, so knowing that I had already changed one dirty diaper earlier in the morning, I told her no he didn't and to go back to playing.  Over and over she insisted that I change his diaper because it was in fact dirty and very smelly.  After ignoring her for a bit, she finally gave it up and went back to her play.  A few minutes later Cole walked by me and his odor was apparent.  I quietly ran upstairs to get the diaper and wipes to fix the problem, hoping Brinlee wouldn't notice.  She did in fact notice and then gave me this little nugget of wisdom, "Mommy, you really should listen to me when I talk to you because I am sometimes always right." From the mouths of babes.

1 comment:

Deborah Thue said...

I love how you tried so hard to
come in under the radar with
the diaper and wipes.
Like Brinlee's not gonna notice.
Why does that 'always never'work?
oh man...
love you,
nana 2e