Another sports season has sadly(and by sadly I mean I am quite relieved) come to an end. Drew played soccer for the last couple of months on team Blue Lightning. He had a great time and really showed improvement over the season. He played his last game Saturday early in the morning. In the 3rd quarter he took a ball to the face which ended up stopping the other team from scoring a goal. He came out of the game for a bit to recover and one of his cute teammates came up to him and said, " Drew, thanks for stopping that goal with your face. You are a really good player." Shortly after that, the pain had subsided and Drew was ready to get back in the game. A few weeks back when Brad was out of town, I was shuttling kids here and there. I had a couple of Sadie's friends in the car to drop off at activity days. They were chatting away and one of the girls mentioned that she was on a baseball team. After we dropped them off at the activity, Drew asked me why she played baseball. I told him she played for the same reason he plays soccer, for fun. He quickly told me that he does not play for fun, he plays for trophies. He did indeed get a cool trophy at the end of this season and it is displayed proudly next to the others he has accumulated throughout his sports career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Way to go Drew!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment