Monday, November 19, 2007

A Productive Day... and it's only 11:30 am

Wow- I have been absent from the blogging world for about ten days now but can I just say- it feels like ten years. Brad was gone on a business trip all last week and was also preparing for the GMAT so he took our one and only computer with him- and I went without. It was a good sacrifice though. He took the test on Saturday and now we have that out of our hair- also I discovered without the computer- I have a lot more free time on my hands to finish lots of little projects that I had hanging around. So all in all- it wasn't so bad- but I am very very happy to have my computer and my blogging life back.

I am feeling so accomplished today and it isn't even noon yet. We drove Brad to work today so we could have the car for our many errands- so that meant we were all out of bed at 6:00 am and raring to go. When we got back from dropping him off- we went out walking with some girls in the neighborhood. This is something I have been trying for the last couple of weeks- but since I don't have a double stroller it has been kind of hard. I try to make Sadie walk with me while I push Drew- but she gets tired after five minutes and wants to ride in the stroller. So I end up putting her in the stroller and carrying Drew and trying to balance both while power walking. This lasts about ten minutes and then I go home- very frustrated. So today I put Drew in the front pack and pushed Sadie in the stroller. What a workout! We stayed out for almost an hour and packing around sixty extra pounds between the two kids really stepped up my walk. I don't know if I will keep trying this or go back to the old method- I guess I will decide tomorrow morning depending on how bad my muscles hurt.

After the walk we headed out to the pediatricians to get Drew his flu shot booster. After an hour hanging out there- he finally got it and we drove to the other side of town to the library for story time. This was the last storytime of the year and was a Thanksgiving theme. Sadie LOVED it. They did a rendition of the hokey pokey but called it the turkery trot- she was laughing so hard- I am surprised that she made it through the whole thing. So now we are home for naps- finally!!! We will head out later this afternoon to Big Lots to pick up a couple things I have had my eye on for the kids for Christmas and can now afford to buy. Then over to pick up Brad then home for dinner- family night- tubs- and bedtime. Wow- we usually don't have half this many things going on in one day.

We are spending Thanksgiving here this year- just our little family in our new little house and I couldn't be happier. I am only going to cook a turkery breast- that will be plenty for us I am sure. We are excited to have a relaxing weekend full of food- football- and all of the movies that I have been wanting to rent for the past six months- well actually probably the past year.

Sorry this was so long- I will try not to be absent for that long again to avoid the novel of a catch up.

No comments: