Monday, August 11, 2008
Little Olympians
Well we are thouroughly enjoying the Olympics here at our house. My kids are way more into them than I thought they would be. Last night as we were watching the US women's gymnastics- out of nowhere Sadie stand up and puts both hands in the air like the way they do after they finish a routine. Brad and I couldn't stop laughing. She has now perfected her floor routine and performs it often for us. Drew is a big fan of swimming-especially Michael Phelps. I am not kidding. This morning on the news they were replaying yesterdays relay where the US men beat out the French by a fingertip. Everytime they showed Michale Phelps yelling in excitement- Drew would run at the tv clapping and yelling too. Sadie asked me if the Olympics will go on forever. Hey- atleast it is providing us with some good entertainment. Drew got a big boy haircut on Saturday and now looks far too grown up. Sadie kept walking up to him and saying, "you just look like a little man now don't you." Funny kids I have. School is going well for Brad. It is an adjustment having him be so busy and out of commision as far as parenting goes- but he will finish up this clas in three more weeks and get a one week break so we are looking forward to that. Drew is now binky free. He was just using one at night- but last week I found that he had sucked or bit a hole into it- so into the trash it went. It has been a little difficult for him- but each night has been better than the last. He found these Mr. Potato Head pieces and was using them for substitue binkies. One picutre of him is with a set of eyes in his mouth and I think the other one is an ear- whatever works huh.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They are both looking suddenly so grown up! AAAHHH! I can't stand it. Love the Olympics antics. And the binky thing...that is too cute.
And the comment from Sadie about Drew ,"looking just like a little man..."...she is so funny. I can just picture the floor routines.
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment