-As we are driving to pick Brad up one day a couple of weeks ago Sadie says, "Mom- I think Drew is missing some hair in the front." I pretty much ignore her and say it is just the way the light is shinging on his head. She doesn't say anything else. Later that night as I am giving him a bath I notice there is a big chunk of hair missing in the front. I ask Sadie and she then spills her guts about cutting his hair earlier that day. Needless to say she is now on scissor restriction and I am just grateful that she didn't slice Drew's head open.
-Sadie needs to be registered for kindergarten by the end of this week and it has been stressing me out. There are so many choices around here for schools she could go to and I don't want to screw her up by sending her to the wrong kindergarten. Good thing my sister is a teacher and I can call her numerous times a day (which I have done) to ask her opinion on each school. I am going to an open house at one more school tomorrow and hopefully will make up my mind shortly thereafter.
-Brinlee had her two month well check and is now weighing in at 9 lbs 1 oz. I was pretty surpised by that. She still looks so tiny that I was hoping she would be somewhere around 8 1/2 pounds. She is perfectly healthy and didn't even mind her four shots too much. She is smiling a lot lately- especially when placed close to her best friend- the fan.
We now have our room back to ourselves. Brinlee has moved into the crib and is now officially sharing a room with Sadie. Drew still wanders out of his toddler bed in the night so we have affixed a hook and eye to the outside of his door and it is donig the trick.
I think that catches things up for now. I am committing to more consistent blogging-even if I have to do it in the wee hours of the night. Our next big event that is fast approaching is Brinlee's blessing which will be on Brad's birthday. Time just seems to be going by so fast. It is nice to have some quiet moments in the day to look at what I have and realize how lucky I am.
4 comments:
You DO NOT need to blog to 'feel good about yourself'...you are SO crazy busy and such an amazing mom. (But please do keep blogging, 'cause it makes me feel closer to you guys).
Such cute pics...you'll be glad you documented the'missing hair' for posterity.
hugs to all,
nana 2E
PS those pics of Brinlee are so cute, she looks like a little pixie!
love,
nana 2E
At least Sadie cut Drew's hair and not her beautiful curls!!! LOL
HA! Brinlee's best friend the fan! I guess everyone needs a fan, Claire "you are my biggest fan" if you can tell me what movie that is from there is a candy bar of your choice waiting for you.
Post a Comment