I read a post on another mom's blog the other day that I really liked and identified with. She was talking about how she takes lots of pictures of her kids and her husband with her kids- but she was noticing that she is not in a lot of them. This is the case for me as well. I am not always happy with the way I look(I get about 10 seconds every morning to get ready and the finished product is not always what I would like it to be). I am okay with this- just don't really want to capture it in photo form forever. Anyway, this mom's blog talked about how she wants her kids to look back at pictures of when they were growing up and realize that their mom was there. I sometimes get so caught up in the day to day schedule of my life with these kids that I don't even realize how much I am "there" in their lives. I want them to look back at pics of us and see how happy I am to be with them. I am betting that they will not see that my hair was not straigtened in this picture or that my shirt had a little peanut butter on it in that picture. Hopefully they will see how much I love them and how much I worry about their happiness and my success at being their mom. So last night as I was going to bed I thought- I am going to make sure I get a picture of me and the kids tomorrow morning before church. Of course we have early church and the kids finally decide to sleep in today- but I still got my picture. I don't look all that great in my opinion- but that is not what is important. This picture documents that I was able to get three kids dressed as well as myself and out the door to church- and we are all smiling- that is pretty amazing to me.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Get In The Picture
I read a post on another mom's blog the other day that I really liked and identified with. She was talking about how she takes lots of pictures of her kids and her husband with her kids- but she was noticing that she is not in a lot of them. This is the case for me as well. I am not always happy with the way I look(I get about 10 seconds every morning to get ready and the finished product is not always what I would like it to be). I am okay with this- just don't really want to capture it in photo form forever. Anyway, this mom's blog talked about how she wants her kids to look back at pictures of when they were growing up and realize that their mom was there. I sometimes get so caught up in the day to day schedule of my life with these kids that I don't even realize how much I am "there" in their lives. I want them to look back at pics of us and see how happy I am to be with them. I am betting that they will not see that my hair was not straigtened in this picture or that my shirt had a little peanut butter on it in that picture. Hopefully they will see how much I love them and how much I worry about their happiness and my success at being their mom. So last night as I was going to bed I thought- I am going to make sure I get a picture of me and the kids tomorrow morning before church. Of course we have early church and the kids finally decide to sleep in today- but I still got my picture. I don't look all that great in my opinion- but that is not what is important. This picture documents that I was able to get three kids dressed as well as myself and out the door to church- and we are all smiling- that is pretty amazing to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh thats a way cute picture!! Even little Brinlee(sp?) looks happy!! Your totally right I think I worry too much about whats in the picture rather that what the picture says! Good Post!
Love this post! And I think you look awesome in the picture.
You are such a cute mommy and you are right; it IS AMAZING that everyone was dressed and out the door...especially considering that your church starts at 8 AM!
AMAZING!
love, nana 2E
This is such a cute picture, everyone looks so happy. And you look great!
Post a Comment