Sunday, June 14, 2009
Princess Sadie Turns 5!
Well we did it. We made our yearly trek to Disneyland- Sadie turned the big 5 and we all had a great time. I think it was our most succesfull trip to Disneyland with kids thus far. The drive there really wasn't that bad which was a nice surprise. The kids were so excited that they started chanting "Disneyland" as soon as we crossed the border into Arizona. The weather was something we were not at all used to. It was overcast and even a bit rainy- my kids were wearing sweatshirts in 70 degree weather. We made a trip down to the beach but just looked at the chilly water from afar. The kids got some good playing time in at my Aunt Paula's house and then Friday afternoon we were off to a yummy chicken dinner at Knott's Berry Farm. While we were there the princesses(aka my sweet aunt Paula) snuck into our hotel room at Disneyland and decorated the room. Sadie walked in to find a princess dress- a princess cake- and beautiful decorations left for her by "the princesses." She was so surprised and didn't even know what to say. She asked me several times that night how they got into our room. The day at Disneyland started bright and early and ended late late that night. The kids actually made it eleven hours in the park and after we got them to bed- Brad and I and my sister and her husband headed back over for some more fun. It was such a great day full of fun rides- great food- and a slammin parade that Drew got to be a part of. I can't think of a better birthday party for a five year old but I guess I better start thinking so I can come up with something for her sixth. I love that I came from a family that loves Disneyland and what I love even more is that my kids have already caught that Disneyland bug. My parents were so great to plan all of this and make it such a special day for Sadie- thank you Nana and Bumpa! Thanks also to my sis and her fam for joining in the celebration. Brinlee refused to let anyone hold her but me so I did not have my hands free to take too many pictures. For now here is what I have- and I will hopefully get some more from my mom and sister soon.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Sadie! Looks like you guys had a great trip!
Oh FUN! Thanks for posting pictures! Glad you guys had a safe, fun time.
So fun! Wow, Sadie is one lucky little princess! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time! I want to go to Disneyland now! ;)
So FUN!! I am getting the "Disneyland Bug" and already wanting to take Abigail -- want to get her liking it early. Plus, it is so fun to watch children love Disney Magic....
Happy Birthday Sadie!! Looks like you guys had some much fun!!
Love Ashley
We are so glad that you all had a great time!!! We also hope that Sadie had a very happy birthday and we're sorry that we didn't call you earlier on her birthday! We Miss you all!!!
Who is the old guy gummin' it standing next to Kurt? hee hee
love,
nana 2E
Post a Comment