Tuesday, January 19, 2010
It's Raining
It is currently raining here in Arizona. This is not the typical weather for us- especially since we are no where near monsoon season. I love it! It is forecasted for the next couple of days as well and I am so excited. Yeah I can't walk Sadie to school or take the daily trips out to the park- but I will deal with that for this rare few days and then we will be back to sunshine, sunshine, and more sunshine. I think there are a few reasons why I love the rain so much. One is probably because we don't get it that often so any change is always welcome. Another would be to see how excited (and a little crazy) my kids get when it really starts to pour. They love to sit at the front door just under the eaves and watch the action which they did tonight until Drew made a break for it and then the fun was over. I think my main reason for loving the rain so much though would be that it reminds me of the time I spent in Seattle while Brad was gone on his mission. I have great memories of riding the ferry over to Seattle in the rain and sipping my Star Bucks hot chocoloate while studying my pharmacy books. I remember meeting up with my dad in the city for lunch in between classes and my ferry ride home. I remember walks with our crazy dog Daisy around Bainbridge Island that would start out completely dry and then would leave us drenched as we made the loop back home. It was a fun adventerous time for me and the rain played a big role in that chapter of my life. So for the next couple of days as the rain comes I will continue recalling my days spent in the Seattle rain and enjoy my days in the Arizona rain while it lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You made me miss Bainbridge Island too! You are so cute. I'm glad we had that adventure there, it makes me happy to know that you feel the same.
I can just picture Drew 'making a break' out into the rainy front yard...so funny!. Once Brinlee gets into high speed I think you'll have 2 of them! Sadie is a cute little-mommy-child. Hope she's feeling better.
Missing B.I. and missing you!
love,
nana 2E
Love the rain!!! I also love your new background!
Post a Comment