Sunday, July 18, 2010
Our Two New Loves
This weekend we finally joined the ranks of the mini-van club. I know it was a sad day for Brad to break down and purchase a "family" car, but he did it and secretly I think he is happy about it. The kids and I are overjoyed to have all the space and convenience of a van. We went for our first ride last night and Sadie commented that there was so much room- maybe she should just get up and walk around. I have been wanting a bigger car for a loooooooong time- and I had the psychic feeling yesterday morning that today was going to be van day. I checked craigslist faithfully every 20 minutes- and when this beauty popped up, we jumped on it and within 3 hours she was ours. We also just signed up for netflix which comes with streaming movies through our wii. I think the kids have watched every scooby-doo special ever made, and I have added quite a few chick flicks I missed out on to our list as well. Oh happy day in the Phillip's House!!!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yeah - I really want a mini van too (who ever thought this would happen to us - wanting a mini-van that is:) Congrats!
Congrats on the mini van. The extra room is such a lifesaver! I can't imagine trying to pack into a sedan again. And I'm with you on Netflix. We did the free month trial, I didn't think we'd go on, but we got hooked. My kids love scooby doo too.
Josh resisted the minivan as long as he could too but in the end, I won! There was no way I was going to be climbing over seats in an SUV to be putting kids in seatbelts, etc! I love our van, best buy ever.
oh how fun! I remember the day I told Brandon to go get us a new car. Zach was only about 2 months old, but we definately needed a bigger car! We had gone for some test drives and I really liked the Odyssey. He left and came home a few hours later with it, I was so happy. I need to learn about the whole Netflix thing, never heard of it but sounds interesting!
YAY! YAY! YAY! Oh happy day is right!!! You guys are amazing for waiting so long for JUST the right time to join the club and we are happy to welcome you into our ranks! (Once a mini van owner, always a mini van owner.
sorry brad. I can't wait to come and have a ride in it, taking a turn to sit next to everyone.
PS Where'd the cute mountie shirt come from that Drew is wearing?
love,
nana 2E
OOOOH! Shiny!
Sorry folks, but we're still hold outs. We've been looking into a bigger ride, but Jed wants to go with a 7 seat SUV. If that's the case, it'll be a few years out.
But for fun, this YouTube link is my favorite: The Swaggen' Wagon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4
Brad;
What kind of a car did you get again????......
A what?......
love,
nana 2E
I'm so happy for you guys!
Brad;
Say it LOUD. Say it PROUD.
"I drive a toyota mini van!!"
(referemce SNL, Will Ferrel,"I drive a dodge stratus!"
"I wish you weren't a liar." circa 1992?)
Anyway, I just had to say that.
love,
nana 2E
I love Netflix! And happy birthday!
Post a Comment