Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DiSnEyLaNd!!!

For the first time in Phillip's history- we decided to go to Disneyland for 2 days instead of just 1. We brought along Nana and Grandpa to make sure we had more adults than children and the trip was a success. We went the day after Drew's birthday- but thanks to the birthday Mickey ears that Nana bought him- he got wished happy birthday on every ride we went on. Everytime someone would say happy birthday Drew he would respond with a happy birthday right back. The kids had made a list of every ride and show they wanted to see while we were there and I think we did every single thing on their list and more. Some of the highlights were the Toy Story Mania ride with 3-D glasses, the Pixar Parade with Buzz and Woody, Space Mountain for me and Brad, and the Celebration Parade where Sadie and Drew got to participate. The first night in the hotel was anything but restful. I think the kids slept for a total of 4 hours due to excitement and Brinlee's cries from the make shift crib. But when 6:30am rolled around everyone was bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for Disneyland. Later that day we came back to the hotel for a quick nap to refresh ourselves. When the kids woke up, I asked them what they wanted to do next. I was thinking they would tell me what rides they wanted to go on back over at Disneyland, but instead Sadie responded with "let's color." It was an exhausting couple of days but oh so fun. It was great to be at Disneyland during October and see all of the cute Halloween decorations. Everytime we saw another pumpkin Brinlee would pipe up with "mouse punk." We made lots of great memories and the kids are already asking when we will go back. Proof positive of a happy successful vacation. Thanks Nana and Grandpa for coming with us- we couldn't have done it without you!












5 comments:

Sierra and Matt said...

Oh my goodness -too many fun pics!! My fave by far is the one of Drew with Minnie Mouse. The look on his face is just hilarious. And I love the one of Sadie and Drew with the 3d glasses/stunna shades. Plus the one of miss Brinlee! THEY ARE GROWING UP TOO FAST! I'm so glad you guys got to go on such a fun family trip! Maybe in a year (or two) we'll bring our kiddo and tag a long. Like how I just invited myself?

Deborah Thue said...

Man how that birthday boy can DANCE!!!!!
I love those pics the best. Can you see how the dancer guy in that one dancing pic is looking at Drew and smiling? I think he's thinking, "I do 3 of these parades every day, but that kid actually makes me smile." You're right, the birthday hat was a great investment. :)
Sadie looks so grown up in the 'conga line'. I also loved the pic of Brinlee in front of the gate - I missed that moment.
I am so glad you guys took so many good pics. I'm already starting to forget all the fun...and I WAS THERE!!
Thanks so much. We'll ALWAYS be happy to tag along.
love,
nana 2E

Brittney Blount said...

FUN! I can't wait to take our kids someday. By the way I have that hula girl costume if you want to borrow it for Brinlee.

The Wilson Family said...

officially and completely JEALOUS! Your kids are SOOOOO cute!

Nicole said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I can't wait to take my kids.