Today was a big day for both Sadie and Drew. First, Sadie had an awards assembly at school and then a reception in her classroom afterwards. And Drew graduated from his preschool. Brinlee and I started out the day at Sadie's school watching her recieve many awards in her assembly including the "Good Character" award and the "Principal's List" award which is actually a good thing we found out. We were a little late getting to the assembly since I had to drop Drew's carpool off at preschool first and it turns out that Sadie was asked to present a project that she had done on Canada to the whole first grade and all the parents at the assembly. I was bummed that I missed it, but her teacher informed me that she did a fantastic job and was not nervous at all. Next we went to her classroom to see some projects she had been working on and have a little treat. Sadie brought me and Brinlee a plate full of donuts and cookies which Brinlee wolfed down all by her self while I was checking out Sadie's projects. I was able to snap a pic of Sadie with her teacher Mrs. Van. I think Sadie will be going through withrdrawls once this week is over and she doesn't get to see Mrs. Van each day. Mrs. Van made predictions about what each student would grow up to be and Sadie's was a journalist since she loves to write. I would definitely agree with that prediction. After leaving Sadie's school, Brinlee and I headed to Drew's preschool for his graduation ceremony. They were all wearing cute grad hats and came in to the graduation song. They each performed a nursery rhyme as well as some songs and then recieved their diploma from Miss Jena. We then enjoyed some more treats(Brinlee was pretty hyped up by this time) and then it was off to get the Happy Meal that I had promised Drew if he could make it through his program without shooting webs at anyone. (He is really into Spiderman and Super Heros right now). Tonight we had a bbq to honor Drew so of course we had hot dogs and little bags of chips on Spiderman plates with Hulk and Iron Man popsicles for dessert. Who knew they made such things? Sadie gets to pick which restaurant we go out to for dinner on Friday for her reward. Hard to believe this school year is almost over and that we will be starting another one in just a couple of months- with one more kid in the mix as well. Here are some pics from the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute! I'm so excited to see you guys in a couple weeks!!
Congrats to the grads! Such cute photo's!! I can't believe how grown up Sadie and Drew are!! We can't wait to see you guys in June for the baby blessing! Hope all is still going well with the pregnancy.
First of all, I think you, Claire, deserve an award. Not just for sprinting from one occasion to another today, but for being the kind of mother you are. For making the experience of school/preschool so positive. For the support you've given your kids, to accomplish the things they have done through this school year. For the little, daily things, like helping to decide whether one is actually well enough to go to school...or not. For helping them through assignments and goals,("I will not shoot webs in school...") For giving them a love of reading and of learning. For teaching them that they can do hard things. For celebrating the accomplishments, big and small. For physically trekking through heat with your own 'covered wagon' to insure Sadie's safe arrival to and from school everyday. And for what you've taught Brinlee, as she has shadowed you through these experiences each day. Thanks to Brad also, for supporting and protecting his family. For working hard to get extra education to insure for the future. For coaching and carpooling. For Priesthood blessings. Thanks to both of you for being wonderful parents to my gifted grand-kidlets. I'm so proud of Sadie for the courage and friendship she has shown this school year. And proud of Drew for entering into the club.
Thanks for making each generation in our family a little better than the last. That's the most any mother can hope for, and my hopes have been exceeded by the job you do each day.
with love and thanks,
"Claire's mom" xo
Post a Comment