Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring Soccer 2011







Drew's soccer season came to a close last Saturday. He played 8 games on the Orange Cheetas team and was much improved by the end of the season. He played goalie each game for atleast 2 quarters and got more and more brave about stopping the ball. In his last game he took a ball to the chest that I am pretty sure knocked the wind out of him, but he was just excited that he made the stop. He came close to scoring a goal a couple of times and it was even the right goal(not his team's goal). We had lots of fun going each Saturday morning to support him- even if it meant braving the extreme heat. He got a medal for his accomplishments and is very proud to wear it. Don't make the mistake of calling it a necklace or you will suffer his wrath. It was fun to get our feet wet in the world of sports for our kids and I am sure we will have many more opportunities in the future to attend games and cheer on the kids.

4 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

You are such good parents to help Drew (and the other kids) to have that experience. The picture of him with his medal is priceless! I don't think I've ever seen that big of a smile on Drew, even when talking about super heroes!
Can't wait to see you guys. I'm going to go buy a soccer ball right now!
love,
nana 2E

Ashley said...

Such a cute little soccer player!!! Can't wait to see everyone!!

Deborah Thue said...

It's the beginning of a 'new era' for you guys. I can't wait! Drew sure took to soccer. What a cute little athelete. I'm sure Sadie and Brinlee will do well also.
Can't wait to see you guys.
love,
nana 2e

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

Good Job Drew! We have loved going to Kyle's soccer games this season too! Miss you!