Friday, July 15, 2011

Preggo Update

Well here we sit at the 37 week mark and I am getting a little anxious. My heartburn as at an all time high, I can't make it on an outing outside of the house for more than an hour for fear my bladder will explode, and oh yeah- it is July in Arizona and I am MELTING!!! That said, the excitement of adding our last little guy to the family is making all of those other things bearable. I went to the doc a few days ago and had high blood pressure at the beginning of the appointment and then when they took it at the end again it was normal. Go figure- but I did have to wait almost an hour for my appt. so that could have got the blood boiling I guess. I have been having contractions like crazy and my doc is out of town this next week so those two things coupled together made him think he should check to see if I was making any progress. This was only week 36 so I wasn't expecting too much but it turns out I was a 1 and 30% effaced. The doc predicted that at my next appt. in a week and a half when he is back that I will be a 3 to 4 and most likely have the baby that week. I am very happy with that prediction and hope it comes true. My mom will be here by then and it will be my b-day week. Can't think of a better present right now than not being pregnant and holding a cute new baby. Drew was up all night a couple of days ago throwing up and it gave me a nice remembrance of what those sleepless nights are going to be like. Atleast I will just be up feeding the baby instead of running a kid to the bathroom every few minutes. Brinlee asks me daily when Cole is going to come out and my response has been "soon". Now she won't even wait for me to answer- she just asks the questions and then says "soon" to herself. We have still been swimming everyday, but I think next week will be our last. Sadie starts school in three weeks which is crazy-yet I will be happy to be back on a daily schedule with everyone. I think that just about covers it. Can't wait to have some cute little baby pics to post here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for you! It was fun to catch up and see pictures on your blog. You look lovely and I love your hair cut! Brinlee is so big and cute! It feels like we've been gone forever. Glad to hear and see all is well. Hang in there and soon enough you will have your sweetness in your arms! I thought with just having our fourth I wouldn't be so anxious towards the end of the pregnancy, but sure enough, I couldn't wait. It's so exciting with each one! Good Luck!!

Sharla said...

Sorry to say, but I'm so glad I don't live in AZ. That heat must be awful! I take my kids out in the morning and feel like I'm going to melt when it's only 75 degrees. Yep, pregnancy makes me a wimp in that department. The race is on... whose baby will come first?? I'm almost a week ahead by due date, but we'll see.

Deborah Thue said...

I'm so excited!
I can hardly wait for you
to be 'not pregnant', but
until then, I'll be there
soon. Hopefully to the rescue!
We'll have so much fun that
Baby Cole will be here
before you know it!
Ok? OH-KAAAY!!
love,
nana 2e

Young Fam said...

Hang in there. I think you'll go before me. Haven't had much of anything yet. Happy Birthday next week.

the Bunker Family said...

How exciting! Think of it is as rounding the corner to your final sprint to the finished line. Good to know these little babies are so worth all the discomfort. I can't wait for you to get to meet your little man.