Thursday, July 28, 2011
Still Here, Still Pregnant, 30 Years Old
I turned the big 30 yesterday. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That is probably due to the fact that I am 100 weeks pregnant(really 39 but if feels like 100) so I had other things on my mind besides being old. My mom flew in on Monday and has been enduring the heat and my hyper children as we await the arrival of baby Cole. She has kept the troops entertained and kept my legs from swelling up too huge with her nightly massages. I went to the doc on Monday and had made a little progress. I am scheduled to be induced Wed. if nothing happens before then. I am having contractions but they never last more than an hour before tapering off. I sent my mom out with the two oldest today so I could clean the house and hopefully get those contractions going again- but right about at an hour they stopped as usual. Atleast my house is sparkly clean huh. My b-day was fun. The kids got me some fun little presents and Brad got me some of my faves as well. We all went out to dinner together and brought home tons of doggie bags and cheesecake. Too bad I have zero room in my stomach for all of the yummy goodness. Atleast I know that one way or another I will have a sweet little baby in my arms in less than a week. Here is to a good attitute, consistent contractions, and embracing being 30.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad you had a good birthday and lucky for you to have your mom there! Welcome to the land of the 30s, its not all that great, just means we are more of a "grown up" which I don't really like! I want to still be a kid:) Can't wait to see/hear about baby Cole! don't forget to be onthe look out for a baby for me while you are at the hospital, just take an extra one :) (justkidding.... kind of!)
Happy Birthday Claire! Welcome to the big 3-0 club! Crazy huh, we're actually 30. Who would have thought? Glad you could celebrate with your hubby, kiddies and your mom. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Cole makes his appearance sooner than later for your sake and I'll make sure to pray that everything goes well. I'll be honest with you, it's nearly 11 pm here and I'm on my normal prowl for something to eat (I'm going to blame it on the pregnancy) and your cheesecake sounds SO good right now. Too bad I have to settle for something boring like a bowl of Rice Krispies. Here's to turning 30 and having babies! What would our little 7 yr-old selves think?
It was so good to talk with you yesterday and it made me miss you even more! I told Ryan I need a trip to AZ very soon! Can't wait to see pics of Baby Cole!
Oh man. I wondered if there'd be baby news here. Well just a few days left then. I'll get all pumped about contractions too, but they never last long either. Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday! I was okay with 30, 40, and even 50. It was the 55 year mark I had a hard time with because you are sort of past the half way mark in your life. You know, I am a really good cleaner so next time call me cuz cleaning is therapy for me!! (I know, weird!)
Ohh you can do it!!! Love you!!
Post a Comment