Sadie has been back to school for a week now and is loving it. Brad took her to the school open house the day after Cole was born since I wasn't feeling quite up to it yet. We got the great news that she has the same teacher for 2nd grade that she had for 1st. She had such a great year last year with Mrs. Van so we were all happy to hear they would be spending this year together as well. When my mom was here we had our 2nd annual Back To School Dinner and Fashion Show. We had sack lunches for dinner and then the kids each tried on some of their new clothes and modeled them for us. This will be a returning tradition each year I think. I snapped a couple of pics of Sadie on her first day. One with Brinlee and one with Drew so they could look at them if they missed her while she was gone. When I dropped her off there was no fear or anxiety on her part. I on the other hand was a little hesistant to lose my good helper. Each day Sadie rushes home and washes her hands so she can hold Baby Cole. I practically have to pry him out of her hands to feed him and then she is back holding him again. I have a feeling 2nd grade is going to be a great year for Sadie. Drew will start preschool in a couple of weeks and he can't wait. Especially since I have made him save some of his new clothes until he starts school and he really really wants to wear them. We are managing life here with 4 kids pretty well. I love having a newborn in the house, even if it means some sleep deprivation. We had stake conference this past weekend and Elder Bednar came to reorganize our stake presidency. I had proposed to Brad that since he would be going to the priesthood leadership session that I should be the one to go to the adult session on Sat. night. He agreed that it would be good for me to get out so I left him alone with all 4 kids. Granted- Cole was asleep already and he only had to have the other three for an hour before bedtime. When I got home later that night he sweetly told me that I have a much harder job than him and he doesn't know how I do it. That was definitely nice to hear. I feel like I have never worked this hard in my life. Someone- usually more than one person- is always in need of something and I need 2 more arms just to get the bare minimum done. We will not be in this stage forever though and I know time will go by way faster than I want it to so I am just trying to take it one day at a time and enjoy my last little baby while he still is one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Claire;
You are wise beyond your years.
(I think I've told you that before)
I am so glad that you are enjoying this little baby, and that you realize that all too soon this
stage will pass.
Sorry you have to be so
sleep deprived to do it!
Thanks so much for the pics.
love, mom xo!
PS However DID you get
to be so smart???
Post a Comment