Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stickers

























While my mom was here she took each of the kids
on a date. Drew's date was to Target and he came home with the biggest sticker book I had ever seen. My mom had the idea to take some of the stickers and laminate them and turn them into magnets. She then gave him a lined cookie sheet to stick the magnets on. Cute idea huh? Well Drew in his true obsessed way kept giving her more and more stickers to laminate and turn into magnents. By the time he had about 100 magnents I put the kibosh on the project. Drew played happily with his magnet guys for the next few days and only asked about every 5 minutes if my mom and I would make him more magnets. Well a couple weeks went by and one day I hear Drew happily playing in his room during rest time. I go in to check on him and find that his bunk bed is completly covered in stickers. We are talking all the way around the ledge of both bunk beds and all over the ladder. I told him that I was going to peel them all off because we don't put stickers on anything besideds paper. Well he fell apart crying and said he loved all of his sticker guys and wanted to look at them at night when he falls asleep. I gave in and the stickers still remain on the bunk beds. I have however had to peel them of of other various places including his closet, his bedroom door, the seats in the van, and Brinlee. When I was tucking him into bed the other night he pointed at two of the sticker guys and said " I hope these two guys don't fight in the night and give me bad dreams." What an imagination that kid has!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Andrew has been sticking stickers all over his bedside table lately. He gets them out of his bedtime books. I feel a little bit of what you must of felt seeing the bed.

Elizabeth Farnsworth said...

I would have killed him if I saw that! You are too kind. He did however stick them up in extremely straight rows. At least they look neat and tidy. :)

Ashley said...

What a cute little guy! You almost can't help but smile that he has such a great imagination!

Sierra and Matt said...

That is so funny! I was shopping over the weekend and saw a sticker book with 800 super hero stickers and thought about that for Drew's birthday for a second, but then decided I'd rather stay on good terms with you and I'll find something else instead haha. What a sweet imagination though, he loves them and wants them around him when he goes to bed. I think I would have caved too!

Deborah Thue said...

I love that little guy and his big imagination! I'm so sorry that I brought the whole 'sticker obsession' home in the first place, but am so impressed with how you have handled it! I remember you guys doing something similar at that age, but I don't think I was as patient as you. I think there are still some sanded spots on the little cupboard where you guys put stickers; I finally removed them a few years ago. Good job being a mama who can allow for some kid-crazy and still set good boundaries.
love,
nana 2e

Deborah Thue said...

PS I love the way you write your family's anecdotes.
Amusing with heart.
Sweet and Sour.
Like lemonade with
JUST enough sugar!
love, mom 2e

Sharla said...

You're such a nice mom!