Yesterday was the first day of school! This time I sent 2 kids out the door for the day. We had some pretty big excitement going on here in the morning. I think Sadie and Drew were all ready to go a good hour before it was actually time to leave. At least it gave me plenty of time for pictures. All morning Sadie kept telling Drew that she would show him his spot on the playground and then go find her spot. He wanted nothing to do with this plan. He said he would be fine on his own. As they jumped out of the car at the drop off spot, he grabbed onto Sadie's hand and made sure she was going to show him where to go. He likes to play like he is a tough guy, but in the end he needed his sister. They walked away- holding hands- and I drove off with only 2 kids in the car. I had a great and efficient day at home here with Brinlee and Cole. I exercised, read my scriptures, made cookies, prepped dinner, and then before we knew it, it was time to pick up the kids. They each had a great day and were able to tell me the names of 2 friends they had made(our goal for the day). They were just as happy to get out of the car today and I am hoping their days have been just as good as yesterday. I on the other hand have had no where near the productive day as yesterday. I spent nearly 2 hours at the pediatricians office for Cole's 1 year appointment. Then had to run in to Target which turned in to a much longer trip than I had planned. Oh well, hopefully I can get back on the horse tomorrow. Hard to believe we are at this point of having a 3rd grader and a kindergartner. I am so happy that they are loving school and hope it continues on this way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What darling, happy school kidlets!
Except for looking waaaay too old, (Nana doesn't like kidlets to grow up!) they are the best looking school kids ever! I also love how Brin needed to get in on the pics too. She must be headed for some new adventures as "big sis" now, eh? What fun! Brings back lots of memories of many "back to school" days. Thanks for the pics!
love,
nana 2e
Just a comment on your less-than-productive day... at least you didn't have 4 kids at the doctor's office and target! That is what I'm looking forward to most with school starting. Oh and I love the way Sadie helped Drew find his place. So sweet.
Post a Comment