Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My New Scent

Though we haven't started the rigorous after school routine yet filled with homework and spelling words, we are a little more strapped for time now than we used to be.  Case in point: Cole spit up on me about 3 hours ago. It wasn't a little spit up either, it was enough to make me smell ripe for lack of a better word.  I kept thinking I would go change my shirt, and then something else would happen or someone else would need something.  After a bit, I forgot all about it.  I caught a whiff of myself now and then and remembered the incident, but only for a moment before I was combing hair, or getting someone a treat for eating their dinner well, or tickling someones back.  Sadie was sitting very close to me as we read our scriptures.  She leaned in close to cuddle up and then backed off a bit.  This happened a few times.  After we finished up reading, she whispered to me, "mom, did you get a new kind of lotion today?"  I told her no, why?  She then kindly told me that I didn't smell very good and that she was hoping it wasn't a scent I had actually paid money for.  I told her that Cole had spit up on me earlier and I had forgotten to change my shirt.  Her response was priceless, "I sure wouldn't forget to change my clothes if I smelled like that for very long."  It gave me a good laugh, and then I went upstairs and changed my shirt.

2 comments:

Sharla said...

That's a good one!

Sharla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.