My last little baby turned one yesterday. I had bitter sweet feelings all day long. He is acting like such a big boy now and not much of a baby. He is finally finally sleeping all night in his crib. He has transitioned from nursing to a sippy cup with flying colors. On the other hand, he is still pretty cuddly, especially when he is tired. He still only has 2 teeth. And he still takes 2 really great naps each day. We started the day by letting him check out his new presents. We got him this cozy coupe truck that looked a lot smaller on the package. Lucky for him, he had plenty of people to push him around. Cole loves food, so all day long we let him try lots of new foods. Sadie helped me make these cute pirate cupcakes. Cole dug right in and had finished a whole cupcake before I even had the chance to get pictures. Since it was his birthday, I decided to let him have another which he polished off just as quickly as the first. Cole really is the perfect ending to our family. Everyone adores him so much and never seems to tire of him. It will be a little strange to only have him and Brinlee home during the day starting this week as the kids go back to school. I think Brinlee will love the big sister role and will step right in to take Sadie's place while she is gone. Happy Birthday Cole Brayden Phillips. We sure love having you in our family!
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Cole Turns 1
My last little baby turned one yesterday. I had bitter sweet feelings all day long. He is acting like such a big boy now and not much of a baby. He is finally finally sleeping all night in his crib. He has transitioned from nursing to a sippy cup with flying colors. On the other hand, he is still pretty cuddly, especially when he is tired. He still only has 2 teeth. And he still takes 2 really great naps each day. We started the day by letting him check out his new presents. We got him this cozy coupe truck that looked a lot smaller on the package. Lucky for him, he had plenty of people to push him around. Cole loves food, so all day long we let him try lots of new foods. Sadie helped me make these cute pirate cupcakes. Cole dug right in and had finished a whole cupcake before I even had the chance to get pictures. Since it was his birthday, I decided to let him have another which he polished off just as quickly as the first. Cole really is the perfect ending to our family. Everyone adores him so much and never seems to tire of him. It will be a little strange to only have him and Brinlee home during the day starting this week as the kids go back to school. I think Brinlee will love the big sister role and will step right in to take Sadie's place while she is gone. Happy Birthday Cole Brayden Phillips. We sure love having you in our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy birthday little man!! Sorry about my lateness but I still have not sent his present and I feel awful about that please forgive me we've been so busy and so stressed lately. Looks like you had a fabulous day!
I LOVE that birthday boy! Those pics of him are so darling. I love how all the kids are trying to "help" him in his little truck. Looks like he had a VERY happy day.
Thanks for giving us such darling grand kidlets!
Happy Birthday Cole Brayden!
love,
nana 2e
Post a Comment