






Sadie and I have been feeling crafty lately, so as a result we made a trip to Michael's this week. We came away with materials for three crafts and have thus far completed two. First, our very festive Fall Wreath. This was a collaboration between Sadie and myself. It is a little over the top for my liking- but Sadie kept on placing things on the wreath to be attached- and I did as I was told. At one point I tried to remove something and she yelled at me telling me I was ruining her wreath. So like all those moms out there who wear the macaroni necklace to church on mother's day- this festive fall wreath is now displayed on our front door. Our second project was an idea I saw in the Martha Stewart magazine. This one didn't have too many steps so we thought we would attempt it. It is a teracotta pot that you paint to look like a candy corn and then fill with goodies. In our case we made the yummy devil's food cookies and filled them with orange frosting. I think they turned out pretty cute- and Sadie did the bulk of the painting on these as well. She is my little crafting buddy and I like it that way.
The other pics here are of some vinyl lettering that my friend did for me and helped me apply today. I am working on Brad to start painting actual colors on the walls- but I think this is a good way to transition him. They all turned out really cute I think.
My dad is in Phoenix today for business so tonight we are meeting up with him and going out to dinner. Sadie can't wait- she is so excited for dinner with Grandpa Ronald. I will hopefully take a couple pics and post them at a later date. Other than that we are just looking forward to a peaceful(as peaceful as you get with two crazy kids) weekend of conference watching and working on Brad's grad school application. I bet you are all wishing that these were your weekend plans. Next week Drew turn the big one year old! Sadie is planning his party so I am sure it will be a success. Stay tuned...
1 comment:
So cute, Claire! I have to recruit my son to help me with such projects. He's just as fun, but may not be quite as crafty. :) Your house is really looking nice. Tell you parents hello from me and have a good weekend!
Post a Comment