Happy Easter everyone. The kids had a great morning full of egg hunting and candy eating. Church should be interesting. Sadie really enjoyed all her Easter goodies but insists that the Easter bunny did not come because everything she got, she saw me put in the grocery cart yesterday at "the Walmart." This kid is too smart for me. They both look so adorable in their Easter outfits. Holidays are defintely more fun now that I have kids. Anyway, it seems to be a recuring theme in my life to have what I like to call "Holiday Miracles." It seems that I very often have something difficult to deal with right before a holiday, and then, when the holiday arrives- ta da- a miracle. Here is an example of one of those times. A few years back when Sadie was a baby, I was working full time and Brad was in school full time and money was- well let's just say- pretty tight. It was Thanksgiving time and I was starting to feel a little nervous about how we would make things work for Christmas with our lack of fundage at the time. Well after much stressing and worrying, I just decided that since we were doing what was right and we were doing all that we could do- things would work out. It may not be a huge Christmas- but it would be okay. So now comes the miracle part. I had to work at the pharmacy for a few hours on Thanksgiving. No big deal- and I was getting paid time and a half so it was okay. Well a nice nurse who worked at the pediatrician next door stopped in with some great and very needed news. She said that the office had recieved a large shipment of formula the day before and their cupboards were already full so there was no place to put this formula. She asked if any of us in the pharmacy could use it. I timidly volunteered that I had a five month old baby on formula and anything they could give me would be greatly appreciated. I have a hard time accepting free bees but at this point I recognized this as a blessing and knew I needed to swallow my pride. I was expecting maybe three or four cans of formula- boy was I wrong. This nurse brought over case after case of formula to the pharmacy. I was so surprised and so thankful- I had a hard time expressing to her in words how truly grateful I was. That formula lasted us about six months- what a blessing. That is what we call our "Thanksgiving Miracle." So- that was probably a lot of rambling to make my point- but hey- that is what blogs are for right. So today we had an Easter miracle- this time not directly to us but to someone in our family. We are so happy that Nana was able to come home and want her to know how much we love her and that we can't wait to see her. Happy Easter Nana- have some peeps to remember us today and we will have lots more together when we see you soon.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Easter Miracles
Happy Easter everyone. The kids had a great morning full of egg hunting and candy eating. Church should be interesting. Sadie really enjoyed all her Easter goodies but insists that the Easter bunny did not come because everything she got, she saw me put in the grocery cart yesterday at "the Walmart." This kid is too smart for me. They both look so adorable in their Easter outfits. Holidays are defintely more fun now that I have kids. Anyway, it seems to be a recuring theme in my life to have what I like to call "Holiday Miracles." It seems that I very often have something difficult to deal with right before a holiday, and then, when the holiday arrives- ta da- a miracle. Here is an example of one of those times. A few years back when Sadie was a baby, I was working full time and Brad was in school full time and money was- well let's just say- pretty tight. It was Thanksgiving time and I was starting to feel a little nervous about how we would make things work for Christmas with our lack of fundage at the time. Well after much stressing and worrying, I just decided that since we were doing what was right and we were doing all that we could do- things would work out. It may not be a huge Christmas- but it would be okay. So now comes the miracle part. I had to work at the pharmacy for a few hours on Thanksgiving. No big deal- and I was getting paid time and a half so it was okay. Well a nice nurse who worked at the pediatrician next door stopped in with some great and very needed news. She said that the office had recieved a large shipment of formula the day before and their cupboards were already full so there was no place to put this formula. She asked if any of us in the pharmacy could use it. I timidly volunteered that I had a five month old baby on formula and anything they could give me would be greatly appreciated. I have a hard time accepting free bees but at this point I recognized this as a blessing and knew I needed to swallow my pride. I was expecting maybe three or four cans of formula- boy was I wrong. This nurse brought over case after case of formula to the pharmacy. I was so surprised and so thankful- I had a hard time expressing to her in words how truly grateful I was. That formula lasted us about six months- what a blessing. That is what we call our "Thanksgiving Miracle." So- that was probably a lot of rambling to make my point- but hey- that is what blogs are for right. So today we had an Easter miracle- this time not directly to us but to someone in our family. We are so happy that Nana was able to come home and want her to know how much we love her and that we can't wait to see her. Happy Easter Nana- have some peeps to remember us today and we will have lots more together when we see you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you so much for your contribution to the Easter Miracle...I'm just now starting to realize just how miraculous it really has been, and your calls, prayers, and blogs have helped us through. The pics are darling, Sadie looks like a page from a children's magazine, and I thought it was sooo cute that she and Drew were holding hands (til I realized that Drew was actually trying to grab the egg in Sadie's hand...still cute). Can't wait to hug you all again...thank you again...love nana 2E
Post a Comment