Monday, March 31, 2008

Art Museum Madness!!!







This morning a bunch of us moms took our kids to the Youth Art Museum. Let me just say- I am tired. This place is half art exhibts geared towards kids and half an interactive play land called "Artville." My kids love this place. We had visited here once before for Drew's birthday- but this time was much more fun. Other than the hoards of kids that kept pouring into artville- it really was a good time. Drew had me running from one play place to another. He really enjoyed the kitchen and garden area where you can pick your own corn- grill it up- and then serve it on a plate. There was a whole section of Jim Henson puppets that he was really into as well. I don't have too many pics of Sadie since she was playing the part of Miss Independent and repeatedly telling me to "let her do her own thing." After two hours at the museum we had worked up and apetite, so it was onto Mcdonalds. Poor Sadie could hardly concentrate on her lunch due to the playland that was right next to our table. How do these kids keep going and going- I need to harness their energy somehow before the big trip to Disneyland next week. Anway- we will chalk it up as another experience for the kids- and a workout session for me. Hope you enjoy the pics.

8 comments:

Mallory said...

What is Drew wearing in the second to last picture? He looks like a jedi from Star Wars. P.S. I'm glad he is wearing his long jeans.

Claire said...

It was a Dr. dress up outfit- not a jedi. You are so mean to me about the long jeans- I really can't believe you!

Sharla said...

That looked like fun. I'm with you on wondering where kids' energy comes from!

Tara Thue said...

What a fun day! I also guessed that Drew's outfit was a doctor. Mal- Jedi...I don't about that.

Out of everyone, I knew that Brad would definately be jealous. Just let me know when you guys are ready to come out here and we'll all go to a game...or at least the adults...maybe even better all the boys.

The Johnsons said...

Cute pictures! That looks like a lot of fun and a very tiring time for mom! I am so jealous that you are going to Disneyland!

Ashlee said...

you always seem to be doing something exciting. How fun!!
we are heading down there to visit my sis over the summer so I'll have to get a list of fun "kid places" from you!

Ashlee said...

She's in Mesa-I know we went last summer and about died- we just stayed by their pool the entire time, we have to wait till summer so school is out.

Anonymous said...

This was a fun time. Lucky you thought to bring your camera! I am still so jealous your going to Disneyland!! Stuff me in your suitcase!