Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth!


Well, we did it. We had our whilrwind trip to Disneyland and boy was it great. My mom and I drove with the kids and arrived at our hotel Sunday night. The drive there really wasn't too bad. We had the dvd player in the car and some snacks and the time just flew by. I think my kids would have been just as happy to play in the hotel room as they were to go to Disneyland- go figure. Mallory flew in from Reno with Carson Sunday night. Monday morning came and we were so excited to get over to Disneyland. First off we had breakfast in the park with Minnie and Friends. Sadie has been talking about this for weeks so of course I was thinking she would love meeting all of the characters. I couldn't have been more wrong. She spent the entire time sitting at the table with the diaper bag in front of her so she couldn't see any characters and they couldn't see her. Ahhhh- atleast the boys really enjoyed touching the large fuzzy animals. Here are some pics that document our time in the Magical Kingdom of Disneyland.


This is Drew enjoying the character breakfast. His favorites were Tigger and Chip and Dale.

Sadie dressed up as Snow White to attend the Princess Fair. She got to meet several princesses including her favorite, Belle. She particpated in the royal dance around the may pole and was definitely the prettiest princess there.Sadie and I taking a tour of Minnie and Mickey's houses.Sadie and Carson posing in the tea cup. We didn't actually ride this ride- I get queasy just watching it.
This is the "orphanage crib" that Drew had to sleep in at the hotel. It really wasn't that bad- but his pose in this picture looks like we had locked him in a cage.
This is Mallory and I with the boys riding the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride. We were so busy competing with eachother to see who could hit the most targets that the boys just kind of sat on our laps and were ignored. Oh well- as you will see from the scores- Mal beat me.

The trip really was a lot of fun- it was a great way to celebrate Nana's birthday. It is back to real life for us now. In just six short weeks we will be off to Canada for Great Grandma Thue's 80th birthday party and we can't wait!

4 comments:

Lisa in AK said...

Wow, it looked like you had perfect weather and soooo much fun! I guess Sadie is "that age" right now, but don't worry she will be a "Disneyland lover" too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Sadie does look so pretty as a princess. Nice that Drew liked the characters, I still think Jonas' would be freaked out. Well, you will have to tell me more about your trip!

BrandonKristin said...

SOunds like you had alot of fun, I love Disneyland, maybe not as much with Zach!! That is funny you don't like the teacups, they are fun to ride!

Deborah Thue said...

My bestest birthday EVER! Thanks for making it what it was.
love, nana 2e