Monday, April 14, 2008

It was supposed to be a trim...




The other night I noticed that Sadie's hair was looking a little scraggly. So after her bath I took to her wild mane with a pair of scissors with the intent of trimming it up a bit. Oooops- as you will see from the pictures- it just kept getting shorter and shorter. I think it turned out pretty cute and will be great for these hot summer months we are going into. She seemed to like it okay- and then later that night she told me that she looked like me and she was not happy about that. She wanted me to "put it back on." After explaining that a hair cut is pretty permanent but that it will grow back- she decided she could deal with it. We are going swimming tonight for family night since it is going to be well into the 90s here today. I will be sure to take the camera along and document the fun in the sun.

4 comments:

Deborah Thue said...

I think it is ADORABLE (and you know that was not my first thought), so yay for you being such a clever mama to be able to give your own kids stylin' haircuts!
love, nana 2e

Lisa in AK said...

I think you were clever to explain how easy and cool it will be for the summer, and it will! In and out of the pool can be hard on long beautiful curls like hers.

Lisa in AK said...

Sorry to post again, but as for haircuts getting shorter and shorter when you do them yourself, that is why I quit cutting the boys hair!

Kylee said...

I think it looks way cute! And boy does she look like a Thue! What a cute little girl :)