Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sharing

We have a massive amount of toys at our house. I honestly have to go through them every few weeks and weed out donations for nursery because they just seem to multiply every night. I think we have three possibly four play cell phones in our toy arsenal at the moment. But that doesn't keep Drew and Sadie from wanting the exact same one this morning. I have been trying to substitute one of the other phones into the mix to stop the fighting- but it is not working. I have instituted the he can play with it for 5 minutes and then you get it for 5 minutes rule- but all that really ends up causing is Sadie asking me every 2 seconds if it has been 5 minutes yet. I finally gave up on the negotiation process and decided to just document the struggle. So the following pictures are an example of Drew and Sadie sharing- which really means Drew wins out in the end and Sadie pouts. Have a great day- I know I will!




4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Looks like sharing at our house, without the hitting. Seriously, we have almost two of everything now, but they will still fight over which one of the exact same toy is theirs!! Kids! At least they are cute!

Deborah Thue said...

Here are the captions for each pic:

#1. D: "Give me that phone..put it in my hand..right here...see?"
S: "I hear you...Go sit there and I'll give you the phone."

#2. D: "Maybe you didn't understand me..I want THAT phone."
S: (said with eeyore voice)
"Um...I told you not until you sit."

#3. D: "OK I'm just gonna get me that phone..right..now...pay no attention..."
S: "lalala...I'm not listening... until you sit like I told you to."

#4. D: "I'm just makin' me a phone call now..."
S: "what...just...happened..?"

#5. D: "See?..win-win..right?..I got the phone...everybody's happy"
S: "It's not fair..I never get the phone...how come he always gets the phone...I guess I'll just go sit on the step..."

Hey Claire, try this: ask them if you gave them both an ice cream cone, would it taste less good than if only one of them got it...yeah...that's gonna work...
love, nana 2E

Sharla said...

That's so familiar! It's how they learn life-skilss, right??? That's what I tell myself at least.

Mallory said...

Carson has a Buzz phone that looks just like that one. Come to think of it...we haven't seen it in a while? Maybe we should throw him into the mix too and see if it works out any better.